Petrol VS Diesel

Petrol VS Diesel

• Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hybrid (Im an agent, watching all of you!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oh, I forgot: and where is the 156 in the cool wall? Right, SUB ZERO ;) !!!!

Oh, I forgot: and where is the 156 in the cool wall? Right, SUB ZERO ;) !!!!

Thanks for the welcome :)

Ever hear a Cummins in a Dodge Ram before? :twisted: no more arguments. On top of that they can go 300,000+ before an overhaul.

Whoever said Diesels couldn't be fun sure has not seen Dodge Ram CTD owners dynoying and doing crazy stuff to their trucks :shock: :lol:

Diesels are really torquey, easy and pleasant to drive. They produce much better usable power. Sure they don't take off as quickly from a standstill, but on a rolling start at, say, 50mph for instance E39 525d will eat E39 525i alive.

Diesels can be made extremely fast and it's not uncommon that the engine bottom ends can take huge power increases (the highest power I know of is a W124 MB 300d with 433hp!) because they are a lot sturdier than petrol engines' bottom ends. Highly tuned diesels also sound decent. ...but they DO produce amazing amounts of black smoke

When I buy my first real car (not a toy like the ones i've had so far ;) ) it's going to be a diesel, most likely an Audi A4 quattro or E39 BMW 530d

It hasn't been that many years I've had this opinion, but the modern diesels are truly awesome, definitely better than petrol engines

I'm actually interested how many of you have actually driven some new diesels (and the comparable petrol engined cars)?

LoudPipe said:
I'm actually interested how many of you have actually driven some new diesels (and the comparable petrol engined cars)?

Dont underestimate the luxury of living in a city with a lot of oil rich newbies. I have driven many diesels. My mom owns a diesel Land Rover Disco, and I still dont like diesel at all. I look at it as a substitute for people who are saving money. :)

I live on a farm.... Diesels are for trucks and tractors only, they're so agricultural... :x I really hate it when I se a expensive car with tractor sound, it ruins the whole thing... :thumbsdown:

Well, you don't these days. All the expensive new diesel engines are relatively quiet and the engine bay sound insulations are really good