Peugeot e-308 EV - 2023

jack_christie

Forum Addict
choice of two bodystyles and more than 248 miles of range.

Revealed today in hatchback and estate forms – the latter of which Peugeot says is the first EV estate from a European manufacturer – the e-308 rides on the familiar Stellantis group EMP2 architecture but introduces a new electric powertrain not yet used on any other model in the multi-brand manufacturer’s portfolio.

A front-mounted motor endows the hatchback with 156bhp, 22bhp more than the technically similar Peugeot e-208 supermini and e-2008 crossover, and 192lb ft. The firm hasn’t yet revealed performance details, but a 0-62mph time of around 8.0sec is expected.

250 miles from 51 kWh - ehhh DOUBT!
apart from that: good, finally more regular cars in BEV guise! a wagon even! if this goes similarly well as the e208 / corsa-e went, then this is going to be rather nice.

250 miles from 51 kWh - ehhh DOUBT!
apart from that: good, finally more regular cars in BEV guise! a wagon even! if this goes similarly well as the e208 / corsa-e went, then this is going to be rather nice.
says new chemistry:
Power is supplied by a 51kWh (usable) battery, which is only slightly larger than that used by smaller Stellantis EVs, but which uses a new chemical composition comprising 80% nickel, 10% manganese and 10% cobalt for improved efficiency. It can be charged at up to 100kW - giving a 20-80% top-up time of less than 25 minutes.

says new chemistry:
weeelll still: the battery chemistry may make the battery itself better (i.e. less internal resistance, higher charging speed, lower weight/volume per kWh), but it won't affect the consumption of the drivetrain in any meaningful way. the quoted efficiency is simply unrealistically low... because i don't believe peugeot will be able to beat the king of efficiency, the og hyundai ioniq, with a brick of a 308 wagon and using the same (albeit improved) EMP2 platform which hasn't really shown outstanding efficiency figures at all so far...

weeelll still: the battery chemistry may make the battery itself better (i.e. less internal resistance, higher charging speed, lower weight/volume per kWh), but it won't affect the consumption of the drivetrain in any meaningful way. the quoted efficiency is simply unrealistically low... because i don't believe peugeot will be able to beat the king of efficiency, the og hyundai ioniq, with a brick of a 308 wagon and using the same (albeit improved) EMP2 platform which hasn't really shown outstanding efficiency figures at all so far...
Claimed efficiency for e308 is 12.7kWh v e208 15.8kWh

Last edited:
Yeah those are some really bold numbers, I certainly hope it'll average the claimed 12.7 kWh. That would make it a really great family wagon: efficient and with a long enough range for most requirements, long distance driving with just one short charging stop. 12.7 is what I get in the summer most of the time with my Ioniq, but the car's WLTP is 15.5. I'd also like to see what it consumes in the winter, but 400km of WLTP range means there's plenty left even if it halves.

Of course what also counts is how cheap it would be to finance or lease, but I could very well see myself driving one of these in the signature teal. Perhaps if good deals come along...

e308 is listed for 16.5kWh on ev database. Probably more realistic?

pug e308 Screenshot 2022-09-26 153322.jpg

That would sound like it. However, the same drivetrain is now announced to go to the e-208:
The PEUGEOT e-208 will benefit from a major technological shift in 2023 to incorporate the new PEUGEOT e-308’s engine: maximum power will increase by 15%, from 100 kW/136 bhp to 115 kW/156 bhp, while major work on efficiency will reduce average energy consumption to just 12 kWh, increasing the range by 10.5%, or 38 km, to reach up to 400 km.

So, hoping that actually is based in reality... and that for some unforeseen reason, the e-2008 I have on order would be delayed so much it would receive those updates, but that's very unlikely :D

156hp in the e-208 is very good, too.