phpBB 2.2 is coming

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Time to change my forum

Thanks for the heads up, Viper

So there's not gonna be much of problem running a beta version of the software?

EDIT: Looking around at phpbb.com...found this:
http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo.php > Select "xeon" at the top drop down.
Grey scale kinda forum, Viper you were talking about going pseudo neutral :p

EDIT-2: "subza" is nicer imo, just looked at that one

Odyssey's simplicity is nice too, but I don't know if the color scheme will go with the site.

myApple is cool too, tho I may be stoned for suggesting a MacOS X look :p

MSSimplicity, grey/silver-ish

Charcoal2 is nice, it's really hard to choose out of all of them, they all look good.

I want to stick to this template, subSilver, but just change it's colors like I have done here. All mods for the forum are designed for subSilver and it makes my life easier when installing them.

Not to mention, I like this layout and it's easy to change the colors and icons in it.

Cruzz563 said:
So there's not gonna be much of problem running a beta version of the software?
Well it should be good. The CVS has been out for a LONG time and the beta will be updated and have support for migrating to the release version.

Oh ok, well what about the glass-look icons in BBLite, I'm sorry for suggesting all of these, I've just never seem a forum mush diff than this one...and they look cool to me :p

I hope you'll make other skins available...

white is boring and they've got some really nice themes there

Renesis said:
I hope you'll make other skins available...

white is boring and they've got some really nice themes there
I'll change the colors of this skin to match that of the site, but I'm sticking with subSilver.

I'd be more than happy to install other templates, but you'll have to go through and convert the mods to work with the new templates or live without quick reply and the likes 'cause I'm not gonna spend a ton of time trying to get mods to work that were designed for this template. ;)

I'd trade boringness for no quick reply honestly...

Although I use quick reply most of the time.

Well, fine me a template you want and I'll install it for 'ya.

I was about to switch to charcoal2...but I noticed there's no quick reply, some of the labels are hard to read, and all the smilies have white endges around them :cry: Guess it's the plain old blue for me :(

I think Invision power board is much better tha phpBB.
I worked with phpBB2 and is very limited.
With Invision you can make photo galleries, have a nice home page, upload images, etc etc.

Here you have a good board with Invision
www.urbanperformance.net <- Chilean site

SiR_dude said:
I was about to switch to charcoal2...but I noticed there's no quick reply, some of the labels are hard to read, and all the smilies have white endges around them :cry: Guess it's the plain old blue for me :(

try chunkstyle, it's hard to read/weird at first but so stylish, you get used to it fast :)

Invision is nice, but I think Viper doesn't switch because he's already fluent in phpBB programming language...and doesn't wanna learn a new one :bangin:

Huh?