Pictures from my vacation

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
So I finally got the time to look through all my pictures from my vacation and here is a select 'few' :D

Firstly the route (red=planned, blue=detour)
europe2.jpg

The ride (and no I wasn't driving)
2ride.jpg

Prague, you can see the Charles bridge in the center towards the bottom
image002.jpg

A pretty roof in Prague
3prag.jpg

Driving
image003.jpg

image005.jpg

Alps
image006.jpg

If you've seen the movie 'Where eagles dare' you should recognize this as Scloss Adler a.k.a Scloss Hohenwerfen, if not, shame on you, go watch it :p
image013.jpg

image007.jpg

There was a birds of prey show at the castle, those birds are quick
image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

Near the castle was this ice cave, you had to walk 20 min, then take a cable car and then walk for another 20 min. This was what it looked like at the cable car
image011.jpg

Almost there, you can see the entrance right behind the clouds
image012.jpg

As you can see in the past pictures the weather wasn't great, infact it was rubbish, raining all the time and with a tiny leaky tent it wasn't fun, so Venice ftw :D
image014.jpg

image015.jpg

image016.jpg

image017.jpg

San Marco
image018.jpg

The island of Burano, really pretty
image019.jpg

image020.jpg

image021.jpg

A butterfly that desided to drop by at lunch
image022.jpg

Thought it looked kinda cool with that light looking like it's comming up from that church
image023.jpg

Swiss alps
image024.jpg

Driving thought tunnels
image025.jpg

image026.jpg

image027.jpg

image028.jpg

A cute little island
image029.jpg

Some men fishing
image030.jpg

A swan
image031.jpg

A duck drinking
image032.jpg

In Luxembourg
image033.jpg

At this camping site there was a airport close by
image035.jpg

Had to use zoom for this one so it's a little noisy, but the decompression did something too
image036.jpg

Those dutch are crazy, cube houses :?, it's in Rotterdam, if you've seen the movie 'Who am I' with Jackie Chan he runs around there
image038.jpg

image037.jpg

Wierd looking tree
image039.jpg

image040.jpg

Old and new
image041.jpg

image042.jpg

Waiting for a ferry
image043.jpg

image044.jpg

The sun is setting
image045.jpg

So what'd you think :D (got loads more so if you would like to see something more just say so)

FireFox said:
how long where you in the Netherlands?

Only about a day and a half, was only in Rotterdam and then drove north and over that big dam.

Very nice pictures, more please.
Was there nothing interesting to see in Belgium btw? ;-)

oh nice, i enjoyed the pictures, more plz
I ride motorcycles too, what kind of bike is that? maybe you got a picture?

image013.jpg

:shock: The Schloss Adler! I love that movie! Actually I try to limit watching because I cannot find it on DVD, and I dont want to wear out the tape. The books even better, I read it at least 6 times a year!

I guess I like the other pictures, too. :lol:

Great pics mgkdk, some lovely scenery. Good to have you back here!

ANy random holiday stories that you'd like to share? You know you want to :p

man mgkdk, that must've been a FUN trip!

I was only at Amsterdam for 5 days but I definitely wanted more!
Venice though i was there for 3 and that was quite enough. I went out ot Murano instead of that Burano

Looks like an awesome vacation - can't beat a good road trip. That ice cave - that's Eisriesenwelt isn't it? I went there on my trip a few years back - hell of a hike up to it, by the views alone are worth it.

jayhawk said:
:shock: The Schloss Adler! I love that movie! Actually I try to limit watching because I cannot find it on DVD, and I dont want to wear out the tape.

I have it on dvd :D wanna borrow it

AxlxA said:
Venice though i was there for 3 and that was quite enough. I went out ot Murano instead of that Burano

Yeah, I thought even 2 was enough in Venice. The trip to Burano was a 3 hr trip to Murano, Burano and some other island.

fbc said:
That ice cave - that's Eisriesenwelt isn't it? I went there on my trip a few years back - hell of a hike up to it, by the views alone are worth it.

Yup, the view was great on the way down, on the way up it was clouds :lol:

I'll try to find some more pictures when I get home.
And yes it's a Suzuki Bandit S, here is a pic of me in powerranger mode with it :p And yes I look stupid but better safe than sorry, and I had to pull my hair back so it didn't fly around in the helmet, well that'll be enough excuses so here's the pic then
image034.jpg

/me drools at mgkdk's pic!

lol you look hardcore with that full leather outfit. Yes its definitely safe than sorry, i've seen enough people in the Emergency room that only wore shirt/jeans on motorbikes and got so much body injury. Leather people though were clean with only a few scrapes!

mgkdk, you got a boyfriend? Just asking because of the motorcycle...
Looks like you've been avoiding Germany like the shizzle!

I've been to the Eisriesenwelt as well... I love your pics, but something looks a bit wrong with your resizig and compression... What prog you use?

Buba said:
mgkdk, you got a boyfriend? Just asking because of the motorcycle...

Yup, that's his, it's too big for me to drive (if I had a license that is)

Buba said:
Looks like you've been avoiding Germany like the shizzle!

Yeah, but I've been to Germany often and not really any of the other countries.

Buba said:
I've been to the Eisriesenwelt as well... I love your pics, but something looks a bit wrong with your resizig and compression... What prog you use?

Yeah I know, it was something TechZ recomended for batch resize, but maybe I did something wrong, I think I'll try it again to see if it can't get better :|

mgkdk said:
Buba said:

Yeah I know, it was something TechZ recomended for batch resize, but maybe I did something wrong, I think I'll try it again to see if it can't get better :|

Hm, I use XNview for batch and paint.net for singles... Maybe the resolution is just weird and the algorithm couldn't make i perfect. Gotta ask one of the resident photodogs. Maybe 800x600 makes it better ;-)