Pictures from Vancouver

ArosaMike

Resident Kart Racer
Car(s)
Mk5 VW Golf GTI, Aston Martin Vantage GT4 Race Car
I'm in Vancouver for Christmas, so I've been busy with the old D70 snapping away. Exercised my telephoto too which has been good. For some of my efforts from the last week you can check them out here:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v427/ArosMike/Vancouver/?start=all

Out of all of them so far though, my favourites are:

Grouse_0094.jpg

and

Grouse_0076.jpg

Both taken from the top of Grouse Mountain which is about 4000ft I think. It was a really spectacular sunset, and both were taken with my 300mm lense :)

Yeah, I know what you mean about the colours. I don't have photoshop here so will have to wait till I get back to the UK to play around with the images, but there are a few I want to try different effects with. Thanks for your appreciation :)

That sunset one above is top-notch :thumbup:

you have one problem with your night landscapes.

you need crank the f-stop to f9-f11 in order to get sharp, long-exposure night shots

shooting at night at f4-5 will result in blurred shots even with the long exposure.

Interesting that you say that. When I was actually downtown taking photos I discovered that, so between the one jayjay linked to and this one below I changed from using a low f-stop I cranked it up to 14 :D

Dowtown_0068.jpg

Picture of Vancouver's English Bay taken right from my balcony... with my mobile phone it must be said:

English_bay.jpg

:shock: awesome pic, and good quality for a phone!

Yeah, only a 1.01 megapixel camera, but the lens was quite good. I have a 1.3 megapixel phone right now, and the quality is horrible... I pretty much never use the camera at all.

Some other (bad) phone pictures:

Vancouver's Famous Clouds/Rain:
T40404151747550.jpg

Some old Volkswagen on a nice sunny day near the beach:
T40404241818040.jpg

Whistler; best skiing in the Americas anyone?
TZ201103195952324.jpg

Georgia Street with the electrics cable which the buses run on:
TZ201103200015135.jpg

P.S. I know that's a Porsche, please don't freak out.

Bentley Continental GT

Shawn_230 said:
Some old Volkswagen on a nice sunny day near the beach:
T40404241818040.jpg

P.S. I know that's a Porsche, please don't freak out.

I was going to tell that, and noticed the P.S. when cutting the other text :p

Blasphemy!!!!! :mrgreen:

ArosaMike: Cool picts! Was the track that you photographed part of a snowcat? (thing that grooms the snow?)

Shawn_230: As for the best skiing in the Americas, I think I'll have to differ! Alta takes the cake.