• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Pikes peak !!!!??

Yes, many, many times. I've hiked, taken the cog rail, driven an SUV up, and I've raced to the top in a dune buggy. I have a sister that lives in Colorado Springs, the city just below Pike's Peak.

Your car would have been fun, going up there. Of course it would be wrecked, but fun, anyways.
AUTOCAR and EVO (or CAR) had a story of the Porsche Cayenne on Pikes Peak. It seems the road will be asphalted, so if someone get the chance to go there, go as fast as you can. Till there, of course. Once there, calm your horses. ;)

Your car would have been fun, going up there
It really doesn't do well on dirt roads. It just spins the back tires a lot and rotates around the front tires. Yes, that can be fun, too, and I do it all the time, but it would never make it up the Peak road.

It seems the road will be asphalted
AACK. That's terrible. It's really stupid to pave the most popular American Rally road, and possibly the world's best hill climb, then fill it full of tourists stranded in their dead Chrysler K-Cars and Ford Pintos.

kanderson said:
Your car would have been fun, going up there
It really doesn't do well on dirt roads. It just spins the back tires a lot and rotates around the front tires. Yes, that can be fun, too, and I do it all the time, but it would never make it up the Peak road.

It seems the road will be asphalted
AACK. That's terrible. It's really stupid to pave the most popular American Rally road, and possibly the world's best hill climb, then fill it full of tourists stranded in their dead Chrysler K-Cars and Ford Pintos.

I thought it too, but it seems there are people that have to drive that road everyday, but as someone said in one of those magazines, why don't they build another road?

why don't they build another road?
It would cost many millions of dollars to cut another path into that mountain where the current road could be paved for a fraction of the cost.

But frankly, if someone wants employment at the top of that mountain, they need to accept the fact that it's a dirt road. Paving it would ruin the place. There would no longer be a purpose for Colorado.

kanderson said:
But frankly, if someone wants employment at the top of that mountain, they need to accept the fact that it's a dirt road. Paving it would ruin the place. There would no longer be a purpose for Colorado.
:lmao:

Have any of you seen a short film called "Climb Dance"? It's a french film from some 1990 film festival.. absolutely insane! it's how i first heard of pike's peak.

4500m altitude, "Course de Pikes Peak".. car driven was a Peugeot vainqueur. highly recommended download for those that haven't seen it.
:shock:

First time I remember seeing Pike's Peak was watching the Audi's disappear up the hill in 1985 (I think it was....sooooo long ago now lol), Watching those Group B's on steroids pop and bang out of sight was awesome.

7203373_f0d896584c_m.jpg

Kupo said:
Have any of you seen a short film called "Climb Dance"? It's a french film from some 1990 film festival.. absolutely insane! it's how i first heard of pike's peak.

4500m altitude, "Course de Pikes Peak".. car driven was a Peugeot vainqueur. highly recommended download for those that haven't seen it.
:shock:
That is an amazing video. :thumbsup:

I liked the bit where he's driving into the sun and has to use one hand to shield his eyes from the glare while still tackling the corners at insane speeds, with no guardrail and a very long vertical drop :p

What!?! Pave Pike's Peak? I have not been there but it would be a shame if they paved it. Find another mountain to pave, leave the peak alone. :twisted: