Pizza!

Only if you do it wrong. Also, polenta is originally from the region now known as mexico. But if you add some parmesan and seasoning to it and pan fry it in olive oil lightly, it's delicious.

Doesn't fit on pizza, though.

Yes of course... Polenta on a pizza has not logic. But that is not a really pizza, it's more like bread. Here in the north (Italy) we always use polenta with everything: stew, braise, cheese, sausage etc...
Now polenta is made with corn but in Roman times was made with farro or chestnut flour and exists from centuries.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polenta

Might upset a lot of Italians here, but polenta is the epitome of blandness.

(opinion won't change untill I have polenta that actually tastes of something)

might upste a lot of italians, but i went to rome last summer, and actually wasn't that impressed with the food...

Only if you do it wrong. Also, polenta is originally from the region now known as mexico. But if you add some parmesan and seasoning to it and pan fry it in olive oil lightly, it's delicious.

Doesn't fit on pizza, though.

Blame the restaurants I've been to.

New place in the neighborhood, Milo & Olive

Housemade pork belly pizza - braised greens, tomato, mozarella

P5240126 by KayOne73, on Flickr

Burrata pizza - prociutto, arugula, mozarella, olive oil, sea salt

P5240127 by KayOne73, on Flickr

Burrata pizza - prociutto, arugula, mozarella, olive oil, sea salt

P5240127 by KayOne73, on Flickr

That is one of my all time favorite pizza combinations. There is a place in Jersey that cures their own prosciutto on site and make one mean version of that pie.

Would love to. And am going to be in a much better position to do so in a year.

May I introduce "Pizza Buenos Aires" with steak meat, peperoni, red onions and mozzarella. Had that on Thursday:

7382186902_281cab67b2_o.jpg

how often you eat out, say per month? just interested when i personally do it like once in a month or in two months...

Eating it at home, maybe...I don't know many people who cook a pizza at home...and then put it in a pizza box.

Home attempt at potato, onion & pesto pizza. Unfortunately, the potato didn't get "done" quite enough even though the crust was perfect. I sliced them as thin as I could with my knife (no mandolin slicer), but the recipe even called for DOUBLE the amount of potato!!

Cooked it at 475. 5-min par-bake of crust, then about 11.5min for the whole pizza.

Still quite tasty with only potato, onion, EV olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and jarred pesto.

2012-06-16214152.jpg

Last edited:
Also no tomato sauce but still very delicious pizza:
7421238496_8c1bbf98a8_o.jpg

And nother one, this time chicken tandoori:

7450388922_dd80c34e77_o.jpg

Beautiful to see but I think that there are too many different things...