Pizza!

Also no tomato sauce but still very delicious pizza:
7421238496_8c1bbf98a8_o.jpg
Now Mac that is a wonderful pizza - Yum, yum! Just every now and then - 'No Tomatos' is a good idea!

Last edited:
I know. And I wrote that before. I have always thought the same way. I'm just currently trying out the menu of a new pizzeria here and came across some really tasteful stuff. I must admit, though, that except the shape the "creation" above has nothing in common witz pizza.

Well it makes me want to sample the things they put on there in a separate plate, it looks quite delicious... unless the dough was perfectly cooked for stiff-crunchiness, it looks like it'll drop all of the toppings as soon as you pick it up

I know most pizza lovers (especially in NY and europe) sneer at chicago style deep dish, but Lou Malnati's chain makes a good deep dish style

5925526830_cbe1b4987d_z.jpg

I only sneer at things that are obviously not pizza being called so... I don't mind eating them :p

I know most pizza lovers (especially in NY and europe) sneer at chicago style deep dish, but Lou Malnati's chain makes a good deep dish style

5925526830_cbe1b4987d_z.jpg

I just had dinner, but suddenly I feel hungry again.

I had this awesome roasted duck pizza and an equally awesome restaurant (Cilantro) at Yoho National Park in British Columbia, Canada.

Any other Aussies here rate Pizza Haven though? They were ok for a major chain.

The yellow box? Their BBQ Chicken was the highlight of the week. I would go out of my way for that.

Best pizza in town was the Plaka at Mawson. But the building owners wanted more rent money so they closed.

[...] A pizza is a simple, humble food, not a doughy substitute for a plate where you lay another entire meal over!

I?d expected that sort of lecture from an Italian ... :D

No, but seriously - I love traditional italian "simple" pizza ... but there are so many styles of pizza across the world these days. And all can be nice in a certain way.
Pizza has evolved. And not just in recent years. Yes, a lot of stuff is far from what the original concept was all about. But that does not make it less tasty or less of a good meal.

I?d say pizza is one of those things were less is more, but maybe it?s the 50% Italian in me speaking. :lol:

qOvG2mZ.jpg

LWikBUa.jpg

VkRHzEJ.jpg
[/QUOTE]

First picture annoys me because things are not evenly distributed. :lol:

I have a new favourite pizza place. Really flavourful dough, just enough sauce for my taste and their selection of toppings is as long as the random thoughts thread. Also they do this:

It costs ?200.

How big is it?
I don?t know about pizza prices in Slovenija, but that would be an acceptable price around here.
?200=12 large pizzas.

They say it feeds 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Website also states it's 150cm in diameter, which makes it 14x the size of their largest normal, at 40cm.

Last edited: