Pizza!

MacGuffin, my fiancee is just the same! He insists on asking for a 'Margherita' when the menu lists it as 'cheese and tomato', it has to be scattered with organic mozzarella made from buffalo who roam the foothills of the Neoplitan plains... :D

He also makes his own kick-ass pizzas too. His best tip - if making your own dough, leave it in a sealed container in the refrigerator for one day before using it. It gives the yeast time to, uh, do yeasty things - it tastes better and turns out nice and fluffy inside.

When you add too many toppings, you only get a flavour chaos.

Flavour chaos FTW!

You will probably hate South African pizzas then, we have about 30 different toppings & sauce you can get. :mrgreen:

Pizza without tons of topping, cheese and sauce is not a good pizza :p :D

Flavour chaos FTW!

You will probably hate South African pizzas then, we have about 30 different toppings & sauce you can get. :mrgreen:

There used to be a restaurant whee I used to live that had a 7lbs pizza. You had to order it a day ahead of time for a whole pizza. Then there was a movie theater a door or two down the street that just had them made throughout day, but you could only buy it by the slice. Thing had EVERYTHING. 3-layers of crust to hold it together, broccoli, bacon, pepperoni, ham, 2 kinds of sausage, 3 kinds of peppers, red and white onions, garlic (crushed and roasted) 4-5 kinds of cheese, fresh mushrooms and marinated mushrooms, etc etc etc. Too bad both places closed up...the pizza place AND the movie theater. :no:

that sounds amazing!

we have 3 layer pizzas in South Africa (called triple stacked) as well, and the good thing is that you can get it at every franchise store : ) but I suspect that restaurant you mentioned is probably better.

The parents of one of my friends have one of those awesome outdoor wood fired ovens. Last time I was there they made pizzas in it. The dough has this wonderful smokey taste to it that you just don't get anyway else. Dominos et al suck in comparison, and ordinary ovens seem inadequate. But, those ones up top look mighty good. Nice!

Blimey, that reminds me, I'm supposed to be cooking dinner tonight. Better get cracking!

... so we ordered in Domino's. It was ok. Not as good as home made though.

Oh no, no, no. Dominos is not 'ok'. It's awful. Seriously, this is how far I'd go to avoid ever ordering a pizza (and I use the term loosely) from Dominos.

mcdonalds.jpg

I'd gladly share McDonalds with these orcas.

Flavour chaos FTW!

There used to be a restaurant whee I used to live that had a 7lbs pizza. You had to order it a day ahead of time for a whole pizza. Then there was a movie theater a door or two down the street that just had them made throughout day, but you could only buy it by the slice. Thing had EVERYTHING. 3-layers of crust to hold it together, broccoli, bacon, pepperoni, ham, 2 kinds of sausage, 3 kinds of peppers, red and white onions, garlic (crushed and roasted) 4-5 kinds of cheese, fresh mushrooms and marinated mushrooms, etc etc etc. Too bad both places closed up...the pizza place AND the movie theater. :no:

Sacrilege! I call that mutilation and probably your taste buds are already degenerated, otherwise they would scream alarm :p

You don't deserve to taste this:

800px-Eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg

;)

Last edited:
^ So you like the traditional Italian pizzas with only say 1 or 2 toppings and and thin crust, cool! I'm like that too except I can usually extend the toppings to 3 or 4 but that's it.

I really need to build a wood fired oven this summer so i can bake pizzas for our parties...

EDIT: i went out and downloaded free plans for a wood fired pizza oven and i am seriously considering building it this summer my main worry is how well it will work in the winter since if i am building something as massive as a wood fired brick oven you can be damn sure i want to be able to use it year round. anyway if anyone is intersted PM me and i will email it to you so you don't have to go sign up for the site to get the DL like i did (however their forums look might fucking great if you are interested)

Last edited:
^ So you like the traditional Italian pizzas with only say 1 or 2 toppings and and thin crust, cool! I'm like that too except I can usually extend the toppings to 3 or 4 but that's it.

I usually never go for more than two at a time (in addition to the tomato and cheese of course). Normally I go for salami and mushrooms or ham and mushrooms.

Back when i was fat i used to order from Sbarro a Large (44cm) Pizza with double cheese, Pepperoni, Salami, Bacon, Mushrooms, Onions, Chili Peppers and Olives. Cost me 25$ for the whole thing. Add large fries and a large Coke to that and you get yourself a very nice lunch, except you have to buy a new larger pair of trousers every other month. Unfortunately i don't have a picture of it, but i can post a picture of jeans i used to wear instead.

Last edited:
^ Who has fries as a side with pizza?!?

I love pizza... it's everyone's favorite food, and I guess I'm part of everyone. I like it so much I had pizza 4 days in a row last week. As in, for four days pizza was all I ate.

I mainly keep it to two toppings, unless it's some sort of special pizza (e.g. Greek toppings). I've never tried a pizza loaded with too many toppings, but it somehow seems too much to me. If you have more than three the flavours will probably cancel each other out, unless it's one of those regional pizzas I mentioned with specific toppings. 9/10 times I will get pepperoni and black olives, with the standard cheese and sauce.

As for crust, I like them all, ranging from the thin Italian crusts to the rather disgusting thicker crusts from places like Pizza Hut and Dominos. I choose the type of crust depending on where I'm having pizza.

Edit: I heard of this place that sells butter chicken (as in the Indian dish) pizza... gotta go down and try it sometime.

Ugh, that's sick. The last thing you'd need with a greasy pizza is lots of starch. I already get so thirsty when I have lots of pizza, salty fries wouldn't help. :?

Speaking of reheating, how do you guys eat your leftovers? Cold pizza FTW?

Speaking of reheating, how do you guys eat your leftovers? Cold pizza FTW?

I simply don't order more than I can eat. And in a restaurant you do not have to burden yourself with that question anyway.

But I suppose I'd rather throw the stuff away, than eating it cold or reheat it. Probably would feed the meaty parts to my cat before.

Oh no, no, no. Dominos is not 'ok'. It's awful.

Agree, Dominos are D: Pizza Hut/Papa John's or even local places ftw

Also, i always reheat, it doesn't feel right if it isn't at least warm.

I simply don't order more than I can eat. And in a restaurant you do not have to burden yourself with that question anyway.

But I suppose I'd rather throw the stuff away, than eating it cold or reheat it. Probably would feed the meaty parts to my cat before.

Really? I thought leftover pizza was a big part for everyone... it tastes totally different as a leftover, but good all the same.

I don't try and get too much pizza, but it always ends up being too much. If you get it delivered, which is often how most people have pizza in North America, then you're kind of limited to larger amounts since the smaller portions end up being way too expensive.

Doesn't it get soggy that way? That's main reason I have the leftovers cold.

If you have a toaster oven that would be ideal.