Pizza!

Holy crap I had an amazing pizza last night at a place called Treno in Westmont, NJ. I had their prosciutto pie; which is their house cured prosciutto, fontina, pecorino, and topped with fresh arugula...it was magical.

Holy crap I had an amazing pizza last night at a place called Treno in Westmont, NJ. I had their prosciutto pie; which is their house cured prosciutto, fontina, pecorino, and topped with fresh arugula...it was magical.
Wow, sounds very good.
I might try that combination myself.

aEIIl.jpg

I'm getting better and better at this!

Personally I'm a fan of toppings on top of the cheese, doesn't really feel right when you take the first bite if it's cheese then toppings.

A bit excessive with the cheese, I say. :D

Personally I'm a fan of toppings on top of the cheese, doesn't really feel right when you take the first bite if it's cheese then toppings.

I especially like when the peperoni or other toppings start to dry out and get crispy...doesn't work if they are under cheese...they just get rubbery.

I tend not to eat takeaway food, but the last 3 times i've ordered a pizza, they arrive on those bullshit premade bases.
Do this happen anywhere else?

Should be illegal.

Ehm, I think it's very common practise for pizza chains to use premade bases.

Just had some Aldi brand french bread pizza.

Awesome.

I'm not a fan of aldi stuff normally(except their coffee) but I like their pizza.

Awesome.

I'm not a fan of aldi stuff normally(except their coffee) but I like their pizza.

Aldi stuff is surprisingly awesome most of the time.

Was in chicago a few weekends ago, Lou Malnati's for deep dish, all my local friends recommended this over the overhyped chains like Pizzeria Unos or Giordanos

5925522702_894bb6f24a_z.jpg

5925526830_cbe1b4987d_z.jpg

5924966697_c37fe79ee1_z.jpg

Awesome.

I wonder what Aldi pizza is like over the pond. I regularly buy things at Aldi, and I'm quite happy with pretty much everything they offer except any of the pizzas. I've tried them all, and they're awful without an exception. It's likely that you get another brand/style though.

Aldi is a really low income area supermarket chain in our country, i hope it's not related to the Aldi pizza you mentioned above.

aldi.jpg

Around here about 90% of the population buys stuff from Albrecht Delikatessen, it's lost its lower class stigma long ago.