Place to stay in San Francisco

Boobo-oobo

Car(s)
e46 330xd Touring
Hello.

I'm trying to help a friend who is going to SF in about a month. He's looking for the cheapest place to stay there for 2 weeks. I know that Google helps, but i would like some first hand info. from someone in that area or from someone who's been there for a similar duration. The best thing would be if you could let him crash at your place for the duration of the visit, i know its an tall order, but the least i can do is ask. He's going there for business, he is going to pitch his idea/project to potential investors and hopefully get the money he needs to make his dream come true. Money is short as is, he is working now almost 24/7 to get the money needed to get him there, as this would be the last chance for him to get founding. I just want to help him out as much as i can, and you guys look like the perfect crowd for that :). If you can make something like this happen, let me know. Also, if you could post some alternatives, good&cheap hostels or something like that, i would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hotels in and around SF are ridiculously-priced. When my girlfriend and I visited SF, we booked a room (actually, the room) in a small B&B run by a flamboyantly gay chap called Rob. At $75/Night, it still was not on the cheap side, but short from crashing at skidd's place I don't think it'll get much cheaper. See http://www.bbsf.com

my apartment is 25 m2. don't even bring my name into this.

also, $75/night is ridiculously cheap.

Last edited:
75$ is ridiculously-priced. That would be like 1000$ for 2 weeks. Thats way way way over the top :D. We've found hostels for about 100kn a day (~18$), so that would be like ~300$ for 2 weeks. Thats more reasonable than 1000$, but still its a lot when you don't have much moneys . . .

I had a hotel in San Bruno, which is ~20 miles south of SF center, and I paid in 2009 roughly 250 EUR for 6 nights. It was a fairly new place, close to the airport but not in the starting or landing zones, so totally silent in that regard. I am not sure it'll get much cheaper anywhere in the area, back then I looked for weeks.

If he doesn't mind staying in a dorm, this could be a pretty cheap option:

http://sfhostels.com/fishermans-wharf/rates

I've stayed in it a couple of years ago and while it was nothing to write home about, it is very cheap.

Edit: Damn, just saw your reply...
He has no problems with staying in a dorm, as long its clean, safe and cheap :D. He's going to be in town most of the time, pitching ideas and stuff, so he just needs a bed for the night.

Okay, if dorm is an option, forget my post and look at Hostels. I figured someone pitching a business would want a room of his or her own.

Okay, if dorm is an option, forget my post and look at Hostels. I figured someone pitching a business would want a room of his or her own.

He would, if he had the money, then picking a place to stay wouldn't be a problem. The situation is that money is short, at every penny counts. Keep in mind that we are from Croatia, our standard isnt really that great.

I would love to offer up our spare room but I don't think the wifey would approve. :( Have you checked airbnb?

I would love to offer up our spare room but I don't think the wifey would approve. :( Have you checked airbnb?

Nope, will check it out. Thanks.

Would some candy and/or chocolate sweeten the deal? :D Not to be rude or anything, but could you ask? My friend was only twice in rehab, and once arrested for murder but managed to escape from prison. I mean, in comparison to USandA, childs play :p (Joking of course)

Oh yeah, I didn't mention it in the start, my friend is a programmer, cool guy, MSc. EE. in controls engineering. I mean, he would really be low key, and out of your way as much as possible. Not to sound like im begging, just want to help him out cause i think he deserves it.