Plan Viper Part 2: Wait longer or pull the trigger?

Plan Viper Part 2: Wait longer or pull the trigger?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FedEx just books through Passport, they don't put cars in a giant box and ship them in the FedEx planes. No, Passport transports cars in trucks like everyone else. In fact, they have no service personnel in common.

See: http://www.passporttransport.com/

$140 more than my existing quote and while it has the potential to be a little faster, it could also be equally as slow.

Estimated pickup Feb/16/2012 - Feb/26/2012
Estimated delivery Feb/23/2012 - Mar/09/2012

I think I'll just wait it out.

Hahaha this is totally considered a First World Problem :D

All the best for the delivery..

Last edited:
I prefer the rear end on the blue one, but hey :dunno:

Got another quote that was at least $100 more than my current plans as well and saying that they struggle with the St. Louis area and that it could be a few days to a few weeks.

Decided to wait it out and stick with the current shipper for sure.

In other news, this is sexy as fuck: http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j381/vipairpe/SRT10 Coupe Rear End Conversion kit/

Compared to:

IMG_1687.JPG

Stay away from the idiots with vipair, if you want a conversion kit talk to Jeff Lemke

ftlr2t.jpg

Stay away from the idiots with vipair, if you want a conversion kit talk to Jeff Lemke

ftlr2t.jpg

Good to know, although I think the Viper badge taillight is half of the coolness factor.

Those are RT/10 tail lights, aren't they?

I like it :)

Those are RT/10 tail lights, aren't they?

I like it :)

No, it's a kit to make the convertible rear end look like that of the coupe.

vs

Yes, I mirrored the first image so that they would be about the same angle.

Last edited:
The convertible's rear is definitely the cleaner and less ostentatious design, but hey, it's a Viper. Nobody's buying that to blend in :p

I like the standard rear end. The Viper has always been meant to resemble the old AC Cobra cars, with the hard top coupe resembling the Daytona coupe.

The coupe rear end on the drop top just seems... wrong, somehow.

Last edited:
No way I'd ever do that drastic of a mod to my car though. It's just fun to window shop. :)

I've looked at the pictures of the regular convertible and the one with the coupe rear end conversion and I honestly can't decide which one I like most.
But that Jeff Lemke conversion Vipergts622 posted is pure sex :drool:

In my opinion the blue one looks excellent, the hard top on the other two is just plain weird and doesn't suit the car at all.
But I'd imagine you could just get the rear end done and leave the front bumper stock. I don't think it'd look too out of place. Anyway, the standard rear end looks much more elegant and fits the convertible like a charm. I still believe that the Viper is one of the best styled cars of the past decade (exterior only of course).

I guess this is all largely an intellectual debate. Once I see the car in person, then I can really make up my mind on what I think of the convertible rear end (which I like) when compared to the coupe (which I potentially like more).

I prefer the stock rear end. The coupe's flair at the rear works because it is balanced out by the roof element. Without the roof, there is just too much curvature/undulation on the rear half of the car, especially in profile. Dodge knows what they are doing :)

I think my only real issue is how big the taillights look, especially how high they are, and maybe the cooler center brake light on the coupe. The body lines themselves are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.