Plan Viper Part 2: Wait longer or pull the trigger?

Plan Viper Part 2: Wait longer or pull the trigger?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nerve has been touched. No blow? :D

Wait. You need more time behind the wheel of the Mustang and as argatoga mentioned the new Viper is coming and will take an axe to the pricing of existing ones.

Prices are (pretty much) always going to go down as the cars get older. RT/10's are even cheaper because they're older. I don't want to wait forever. :(

Experience wise, I agree but on the other hand, it wouldn't be like I was getting rid of my Mustang. :?

It's like the newbies that get a learner bike but then get a sportbike too soon. As soon as you get the more powerful vehicle in, you'll start running it more, no matter what you claim at time of purchase. Bad things then ensue. :p

It is just human nature.

It's like the newbies that get a learner bike but then get a sportbike too soon. As soon as you get the more powerful vehicle in, you'll start running it more, no matter what you claim at time of purchase. Bad things then ensue. :p

It is just human nature.

I disagree (somewhat) but even if that's the case, the weather will keep me in check. It's going to rain here for the next 6 months, heh.

Has anyone ever made a Viper replica out of a Mustang?
How hard can it be?

I'd have to say wait in this case. You have something to keep your mind off of it. Give it one more summer at least. I doubt you can find a real financial incentive to purchase the car earlier rather then later. There is a lot more experience to gain for you behind the wheel that takes more time then you have had. Give it a bit.

I`d buy something beetween those two. Like stock `05 C6 Vette. Just to learn to drive a bit more.

But, life is not about being safe. If you want a bit of risk, go for it. ;)

Wait until the new Viper arrives, accumulate money and experience during that time.

Oatmeal comic

Yep, that pretty much sums it up except that I absolutely love rain. :D

Wait until the new Viper arrives, accumulate money and experience during that time.

I have the money for it which is partly why I'm going stir crazy. :?

Those are some pretty weak rationalizations. But don't be paralyzed by analysis. Just buy one. If you wait for conditions to be perfect the time will never arrive.

False. The act of buying one now will ensure the perfect conditions will arrive later. :p

is an old RT/10 a possibility? Its still crazy fast and looks amazing.

A Viper is raw, but the RT/10 is too raw. I'd much rather have a SRT-10, plus I can afford one so no need to step down to a RT/10.

Plus, an early (pre-'96) RT/10 only has 400hp - that's nothing, nowadays! :D

Haha, if this continues, Viper's gonna ask next year if he should install a twin turbo or a supercharger kit to the Viper :D

And there's nothing wrong with that. If you're 100% sure now it's the time, go for it. We are talking about stupid (but aaaawesome) purchase anyway, and dreams never materialize unless you do something stupid. On the other hand, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get more experience out of the Mustang at first. It's a great car, but still quite a puppy dog compared to the Viper. I don't doubt at all that you couldn't drive Viper responsibly, but maybe you can get more out of it from the start after more experience. It's impossible to say since I don't have a clue how you feel about the Mustang, but just a thought.

And another thing: nothings worse than having a car of your dreams in the garage while waiting the weather to get better. I made a huge mistake of putting the MX-5 to winter storage 1,5 months too early. Already now I yearn to drive it and the winter hasn't yet begun. And it's just a Miata.

Status
Not open for further replies.