Plan Viper Part 2: Wait longer or pull the trigger?

Plan Viper Part 2: Wait longer or pull the trigger?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday?

Bank isn't playing ball. Declined due to lack of credit history which is extra stupid because I'm putting 50% down! I have a great credit score but no history of making payments against a loan other than my school loans years ago. That's a bit of a catch-22 though -- can't get a loan due to not having a previous loan.

This could have been written by me word-for-word on Saturday. Props to your mom, and I believe, based on said experience this weekend, you should build credit even as a co-signer :)

Assuming they agree the finance what's the timescale thereafter? How soon until we can expect the Behold the Blue Meanie: Viper's Viper Thread?

Hitting "Buy Now" on eBay as soon as I have financing approved, assuming the car is still for sale (fingers crossed). Then it's an immediate $500 deposit (to secure the purchase on eBay) but I'm going to have them take it to a dealership for a sanity check before I fly out and pay in person (I want to see the car). CARFAX and AutoCheck both say it's clean and the car certainly looks clean and it's under warranty (woo), but I still want to make sure there's nothing wrong with it.

Once it checks out at the dealership, I'm flying out ASAP (last minute airfare prices suck!) to pay in person and arrange shipping back. Might be out there a few days I imagine before the shipper can pick it up perhaps.

I have to catch a flight to Miami on the 29th for a business trip through so I gotta do this all soon. Hopefully I can also arrange to not have it delivered while I'm gone.

Hopefully I can also arrange to not have it delivered while I'm gone.

Cross country road trip during the winter in a Viper! What could go wrong?

Cross country road trip during the winter in a Viper! What could go wrong?

That's exactly why I plan on having it shipped via enclosed trailer and I'm not driving it home. :p

I have a feeling there will be a NW meet soon. :p

Exciting! News awaited with bated breath.

Make an offer and try to save yourself a couple of thousand. Also, you should be able to have the company deliver it when you plan on being home.

That's not a bad idea. Chances are as likely the seller is getting rid because they need the money as much as because they want to buy something else. Contact them and get a reason for sale (you should be able to tell over the 'phone if they are lying) and then you'll get an idea of how desperate they are. Also have some other examples to hand of similar age/condition at lower prices, regardless of colour, to use as bargaining tools.

Get a price for the travel and the shipping and at least see if you can get the seller to knock that off the price.

Last edited:
Make an offer and try to save yourself a couple of thousand. Also, you should be able to have the company deliver it when you plan on being home.

I've seen the same car listed for $68,000 previously on Autotrader.

I would much rather pay an extra few thousand dollars than lose it to someone else and have to start looking again.

I was going to post the Viper writing video, Google gave me this instead.

i067456.jpg

Looks like Unleashed On Cars.

Guess who just bought a Viper? :)

I'm reconsidering flying out to pay for it in person. Having it inspected by a Dodge dealer is enough I think. I mean, what could I gain by spending $2000 on airfare, hotel, and a rental?

Last edited:
The chance to road trip it back.

I'm shipping it here either way. I don't want to drive it for the first time that far or more importantly at this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.