Plan Viper Part 2: Wait longer or pull the trigger?

Plan Viper Part 2: Wait longer or pull the trigger?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats. :) Get some pics of the obligatory elevenses.

We are working on getting more orders to fill out the truck for the NW, we currently have the truck half full and need to get 3 more orders to get the truck going, I would estimate about two weeks of so.

:cry:

Last edited:
Man up, Marine. You won't be driving it for at least 6 more weeks anyway.

Also re that fapping thing? Apparently baby gravy is as bad for a car's paint finish as birdshit so be careful when you have your special moments together in the garage.

Man up, Marine. You won't be driving it for at least 6 more weeks anyway.

I had been hoping to drive it on March 3rd for the local FinalGear meetup. :(

The weather will probably be bad anyway though which would have prevented me from bringing it.

Joking aside I know that's weather dependent.

Look on the bright side. More members for the second local meet when you do get to bring it! :dance:

Any companies move it by train? That might get it there faster. Just keep BigJ away from it :p

Any companies move it by train? That might get it there faster. Just keep BigJ away from it :p

No, everything is by truck here in America except very large shipments. For example car manufacturers ship via train, but not personal people.

Fit it on a pallet and use Amtrak express. :p

I had been hoping to drive it on March 3rd for the local FinalGear meetup. :(

The weather will probably be bad anyway though which would have prevented me from bringing it.

Contact a driveaway company and have someone drive it out to Portland.

:roflmao:

I almost was able to keep a straight face!

vanishingpoint.jpg

:O

Grats Viper!

Btw, best thread ever for reading while commuting via bus. Motivation!!

We are working on getting more orders to fill out the truck for the NW, we currently have the truck half full and need to get 3 more orders to get the truck going, I would estimate about two weeks of so.

Was this intercity? Get someone else to do it. Should take a week TOPS for any transpo company worth its salt (and your money).

Was this intercity? Get someone else to do it. Should take a week TOPS for any transpo company worth its salt (and your money).

Yes, Intercity. They are out of Massachusetts and I guess they don't get this way too often. They don't want to drive a half-empty truck all this way due to gas prices.

I'll get some other quotes to see if I can get anything sooner.

Try FedEx/Passport.

I hope you're kidding. They can't even manage to deliver a cardboard box from Amazon undamaged. I would so rather wait a few extra weeks for the peace of mind that the car would delivered unharmed.

I hope you're kidding. They can't even manage to deliver a cardboard box from Amazon undamaged. I would so rather wait a few extra weeks for the peace of mind that the car would delivered unharmed.

FedEx just books through Passport, they don't put cars in a giant box and ship them in the FedEx planes. No, Passport transports cars in trucks like everyone else. In fact, they have no service personnel in common.

See: http://www.passporttransport.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.