Planetside 2

They are going to continue to optimize the game for the next one or two months. Your framerates will get a bit better, but you have to remember, because of the scale of things it will require even more resources than your avarage game.
The graphic glitch is actually an old glitch. Had it way back in tech test, then they got ridd of it and now it's back again for some reason. Will probably be sorted out again soon enough. Don't happen that often to me anyway. Once every 2 or 3 games and it usually dissapear by itself after a short while.

Also if you haven't yet, grab your latest (probably beta) graphics drivers. I didn't play post beta PS2 without, but other people said there's a noticeable difference in performance if you update drivers.

Biolabs.

Just biolabs.

QUICK, EVERYONE ON THE CONTINENT REINFORCE ALL THE BIOLABS.

Oops we lost every other territory and now have five enemy controlled territories between the biolab and our warpgate. Still holding on strong though!

BIOLABS (last) FOREVER!

Pff, not as long as a tech plant!

Performance issues here too. Pretty bad. Playing on all low which makes it almost impossible to distinguish a blurry enemy from the blurry background. I see potential but so far it's fail.

Pff, not as long as a tech plant!

Pfft, only if you're talking about the Esamir tech plant which always has three way fighting going on.

The best is when you pop into a biolab/tech battle right at the end and get the 1000xp and then people are like "GOD, FINALLY! Only took three hours!"

Last edited:
Well I dunno. I have an HD4890, whilst not "state of the art", it handles pretty recent games quite well, cos it has 1gb of "DDR5" ram (at least what says in the box), but anyway, I have the latest drivers for it. Except the latest drivers for this video card were released July 24th 2012.

The game eats dual core CPUs for lunch. Bad core use, basically. You need a quad core with over 3.5Ghz on tap before it smooths out, according to the community.

Big optimization patch coming this week, supposedly.

The game eats dual core CPUs for lunch. Bad core use, basically. You need a quad core with over 3.5Ghz on tap before it smooths out, according to the community.

Big optimization patch coming this week, supposedly.

I'm running a hex-core 3.4Ghz... :dunno:

I'm running a hex-core 3.4Ghz... :dunno:

Well, one thing to try is to use the FPS monitor to see what the system is being limited by. It'll show [CPU] if the CPU is having trouble, or [GPU] if it's graphics.

For me, my old 3.0 Ghz E8400 was bottlenecking the system all of the time. Now, with the quad, it's about 50/50 CPU/GPU.

alt+f for the framerate stats thing with the showing whether it's cpu or gpu limited.

My 1gb 6950 does fine, it's just the couple hundred people massive battles that really drag me down, because those are just insane.

Good to know for that alt+f thing, I'll try that next time I'm on.

Which may be a while because Hawken goes live today....

I'm almost certain it's my GPU actually. It's only a 1GB.

I don't see how 1GB of graphical memory is too little. One of the selling points of the game (at least what I remember from the promo videos or reading the FAQ) was great optimization and framerate for smooth battles even in slower systems. It's the total opposite for me. I cant really fight in big battles, too much stutter, I can't hit the side of a barn :(

But other than that, in the wee hours of the morning when there's rarely anyone around, sometimes I run into some enemies, and then I find that most of the times a spray and pray tactic is much better than try to crouch and aim. In fact crouching is an almost guaranteed headshot for them.

Hm, I guess they still have some optimizing to do then. I mean, you do make a good point, even with 1GB I'm running BF3 and Hawken at High/Ultra, and Planetside at Medium/Low with worse framerates. :lol:

I have one of those Nvidia in-game currency codes for Planetside to give away, let me know via PM if you want it.