Playstation 4

Hmmm...probably mine won't be useful then.

The local game store had a VR demo unit, I am not stupid enough to try it in public. I am stupid enough to buy it though.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/03/playstation-vr-the-ultimate-faq/

FAQ is up and, the pass through unit, doesn't pass through hdr. So, you need to unplug or use a splitter for that to work.
Also, the image seems like it's 8 feet away. Looks like I'll need glasses for this. :(

0jN2h5V.png

Headset, camera and worlds game shipped.
Bought driveclub and tumble vr, charging move controllers... This will backfire.

Fuck me, Drive club VR reviews are 1/10 " causes everyone to be sick" "unplayable" "ps2 graphics"

:(

If the vr headset is garbage I shall return to Amazon and it pays for my Pro

Edit: going to return it next week anyway

Last edited:
So PS VR...

The cables are ridiculous, but it's a one time thing... Kinda. HDR requires unplugging of the side processor box.
I had issues getting the headset on my head and then discovering the lenses were smudged, so off again... Back on and oh no smudged again.

I need glasses for driving, I also need glasses for vr. This isn't an issue, just slightly annoying.

I fire up Driveclub vr and am genuinely blown away. I'm literally sat in a BAC Mono and it's fantastic. The race starts and I'm not looking where I am going, just looking at the other cars around me. As a first VR experience i cannot describe how amazing it feels to be sat in the game world.

Tumble is cool, a little bit of Move jitter but not bad.

The demo disc, I fired up the ocean tech demo. That's a tech demo of a tech demo, so for that its interesting. Unfortunately the demo disc stopped working after I said fuck you to the update. Normally skipping the update isn't an issue.

Now, this is weird. I fire drive club back up and it looks like the garbage I had read about. PSP looking graphics, the first time I played it looked incredible.

Used cinematic mode (projects a 2D image on a 80inch screen) I fire up GTA and then first person mode, hmmmm. This is weird, so I fire up Rocket League. Why is my ping 1000ms? That makes no sense, anyway, it's as if there's no depth of field. I know it's 2D, but it seems completely flat. I cannot judge distance in this or GTA.

YouTube could be cool, but let's get to the issue. Screen resolution. It's not great, screen door effect is there IF you're looking for it.

The headset is like wearing a scuba mask, on the far outer edges of your eyes it's black rubber.

A 360 video app is available, however I had already unplugged the headset. Depending on if I'm working this weekend I may give it another go, before it gets sent back.

Driveclub VR, is supposed to be the most motion sicky game and I had no issues with my 15 mins of play. I was drifting about and it was fun.

You know when you're driving a real car and you hit a dip and your body drops and there's that weird stomach feeling? I had that feeling playing this.

The only issue I had after taking my headset off was a slight headache.

If the resolution was there, if the field of view was wider it could be amazing. PS VR 2, could be a great...

PS VR 2, could be a great...

That is what I thought with the Gear VR I got for free with my Galaxy S7 as well. It's cool for sure but needs alot of refinement and polishing to be worth actually using as an alternative to a regular screen. Maybe in a generation or two it will be worth jumping onboard...

I gave it one last go, I wear glasses to drive. This is odd, without glasses I can't see VR properly, with glasses the distance I see is maybe too far if that makes sense.

Battlezone, strafing about and my eyes just blurred after a few minutes.
Rigs... visually it looks fantastic. But the rocket jumping and aiming took a toll.

I had a lie down and woke up 4 hours later, not sure if this is related to the VR.

Well rather than take it and returning it after a few days like you seem to do with everything you buy. I'm still getting mine.

Fuck me, PSX is incredible... Loco fucking roco HD!!!

Wipeout trilogy HD
Crash trilogy HD
Parappa HD

Last edited: