Playstation 4

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
[video=youtube;d-3GMHIgR-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d-3GMHIgR-U[/video]

Linky

February 20th at 6PM EST, somethings happening. Lets assume the Playstation 4. :|

ps4.jpg

"The PlayStation meeting will be about the future of the PlayStation business."

My reaction, replace Disneyworld with Playstation.

Last edited:
Cool vid. Can't wait. :D

Kotaku has some preliminary specs on the current PS4/Orbis dev. kits.

System Memory: 8GB
Video Memory: 2.2 GB
CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)
GPU: AMD R10xx
Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet
Drive: Blu-Ray
HDD: 160GB
Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

(The HDD is just what the current dev. kits are shipping with - presumably. Same with 2 x Ethernet. The consumer model will likely only have one Ethernet port)

I'm glad it might have more than the 4 GB ram the rumors were saying earlier last year. It seems to have the performance of a current good, but not cutting edge, gaming PC. At the end of this year that might be a little underwhelming. Although the XBOX 720 or whatever it will be called is rumored to have almost the same CPU and a slightly lower spec GPU and RAM. Personally I wouldn't mind if they upped the specs and price a bit for better and longer lasting performance - especially on the GPU front.

New features are rumored to include a new controller with touch sensitive back side like the PS Vita and an option for binding accounts to controllers instead of consoles for easy co-op play with friends for example.

Either way I will probably be replacing my old fat PS3 80 GB with either the XBOX or PS4/Orbis around the end of this year :).

Last edited:
The whole DRM thing over used games that they got a patent for will decide if I get it or not.

I avoided the PS3, if they redesign the controller so it's comfortable and it doesn't require me to own a Vita or whatever then I'll buy one of these.

Yeah, that would be too much. A touch pad on the back I can live with.

Hmmm, they should just add PS4 to Vita compatibility a'la Wii U... that is not forced, but optional.

I avoided the PS3, if they redesign the controller so it's comfortable.

:|

The only issue with the DS3 is the triggers.

Dualshock 2 is my favorite controller of all time. 3 is good but the triggers could be better.

Makes me feel good that I recently sold my ps3 while it's still worth something.

I'll consider getting one once GT6 is released, which won't be for a long while.

The controller

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita?s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.

Why and why?

:|

The only issue with the DS3 is the triggers.

PS controllers just aren't comfortable for me after using an Xbox 360 controller, they feel too small and not shaped to your hands. It's a 1990s design that they just stuck with for some reason. If I ever did get a PS3 I was always going to create a PS360 controller.

I'm not gonna bother getting a PS4 until a really good exclusive comes out (like GT6) because I'm gonna guess that devs will continue making games for the PS3 for a while (they only stopped manufacturing the PS2 a couple of months ago).

I will gladly keep my PS3 and not go anywhere near the PS4 if the next God of War is compatible with PS3. PS is always over priced and I would never have this one if I didn't go to Thailand the week it was launched and gotten it for 20% of the price here. Unless something like that happens with the PS4 I won't buy it. No way am I paying full price.

It seems to have the performance of a current good, but not cutting edge, gaming PC. At the end of this year that might be a little underwhelming.

The XStation 72Orbis is significantly weaker than my late 2011 pc that wasn't exactly cutting edge then. :|

I've definitely learned my lesson with the PS3 and PSP (original). DON'T buy on release. Not sure if I will buy the PS4 since I don't really game anymore, but maybe that will change with a job and no work to do at home. :lol: