Playstation 4

I got a PS Now beta code, which is the streaming game service.
The Americans get Uncharted 3 and UKers don't. :cry:

When you fire a game up, it loads the game. But not before it loads PS3 firmware and you get ps3 trophies. I'm not quite getting 720p video with my connection, but there is no noticable input lag. I played Blood Dragon and Arkham City with no issues.

The beta means I get the games for free, which is the biggest problem. It should be ?5 a month for all you can play games. Maybe ?10, wouldn't be bad either. However its $14.99 for a month with one game or $19.99 for all you can play for the month. Because we always get fucked, it will probably be ?19.99... A month? Hmmm, no sorry.

Add a couple of months' worth of subscriptions and you could get a PS3 with those games.

"You need PS Plus to play online, do you wish to purchase Plus?"

I thought my plus was good until next year? :| It turns out, that quite a few people 'haven't got plus' when we have. We all seem to have the Now Beta. <_<

"You need PS Plus to play online, do you wish to purchase Plus?"

I thought my plus was good until next year? :| It turns out, that quite a few people 'haven't got plus' when we have. We all seem to have the Now Beta. <_<

It only took a week and with no messages from Sony, we appear to be back.

Sony?s PlayStation VR headset will be priced similarly to a new gaming consoles, according to CEO Andrew House.

Speaking with Bloomberg at TGS 2015, House didn?t reveal a specific price, but if his comment is anything to go by, the headset cost around $399.99. That?s the price of a standard 500GB PS4 in the US. In the UK, the standard console?s suggested retail price is around the ?350 mark.

The SRP is listed above because depending on the retailer, the console can run quite a bit less.

The firm expects ten titles to launch alongside the headset when it hits the market next year.

Too expensive.

PS2 on PS4!!!! Uprezed to 1080, trophy support... Fantavision!!!

We are getting things started with a bang by launching with eight fan favorites tomorrow:
Dark Cloud ? $14.99
Grand Theft Auto III ? $14.99
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City ? $14.99
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas ? $14.99
Rogue Galaxy ? $14.99
The Mark of Kri ? $14.99
Twisted Metal: Black ? $9.99
War of the Monsters ? $9.99

Fuck me Sony, I'm not paying that. :(

I heard that PS Now had been updated and it ran better.
Theres a 7 day trial on the store, so I'll try it again. It is alot better, its still not quite 720p, but its great. What's not so great is the ?12 a month subscription service. ?5 a month would be my biting point.

I got one of these Playstation 4 thingies now too, Username "MrD-Fence". Mostly playing Battlefront right now ;)

PSVR Price: $399/?399/?349/?44,980.
Release date: October worldwide.

Pre-orders opening tomorrow (March 16th).

Content of box:
PSVR HMD.
PlayRoom VR game.
Earplugs.
Processor unit.
Cables, documentation etc.

Not included: Camera (Required) and Move (optional) is separate.

CdnqyAHWIAAwLnc.jpg:large

PSVR-GDC-2016-336.0.JPG

tar Wars Battlefront exclusive PSVR title developed by EA DICE coming.
PlayStation VR Worlds announced. New 1st party game by Sony London Studios.
Launch games include RIGS, REZ Infinite, BattleZone, Tumble VR, Headmaster and many (in the tens) more.
Over 50 games will be released before end of the year
Play standard PS4 games and videos in virtual cinema.
PS4 OS available in VR so full end-to-end service.
Media Player being updated to support 360 photos and videos...
230 developer studios on board.
1920 x RGB x 1080 screen (20% more sub-pixels than competing high-end VR hardware) at 120hz.

All existing PlayStation 4 games can be played on PSVR via a "cinematic mode" that simulates a five-meter screen within a virtual space, manufacturer Sony has said.

[video=youtube;-GXvYexMoZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GXvYexMoZY[/video]

I shall be preordering, because it's says Playstation on it.

Last edited:
They undercut Oculus which is pretty good. Now how long until someone hacks up some PC drivers.

PS4K confirmed???

Earlier this year, rumors began to fly that Sony would release an upgraded version of the PlayStation 4, a console often called the PS4.5 or the PS4K by fans and press. Today, multiple sources have confirmed for us details of the project, which is internally referred to as the NEO. No price was provided, but previous reports indicate that the NEO would sell at $399. At time of publishing, Sony has not returned our request for comment, but we will update this story if the company responds.

Starting in October, every PS4 game is required to ship with both a ?Base Mode? which will run on the currently available PS4 and a ?NEO Mode? for use on the new console.
Games running in NEO mode will be able to use the hardware upgrades (and an additional 512 MiB in the memory budget) to offer increased and more stable frame rate and higher visual fidelity, at least when those games run at 1080p on HDTVs. The NEO will also support 4K image output, but games themselves are not required to be 4K native.

The NEO will not supplant the current PS4, but will exist alongside of it and use the same user environment. The PS4 and NEO will use the same PSN store, connect to the same online communities, and offer the same user experience, so expect to see the same cross media bar that you?re used to. Players will be able to retain all of the purchases they made on the PS4.

Sony seems committed to keeping the NEO and the original PS4 player bases connected. As such, there will be no NEO-only games, and Sony will not let developers separate NEO users from original PS4 players while playing on PSN. Likewise, Sony explicitly and repeatedly states that developers cannot offer exclusive gameplay options or special unlockables for NEO players?so don?t expect NEO owners to get a level editor or a special Rocket League car that you won?t have access to on your original PS4.

Specs:

Original PS4

CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 1.6 GHz
GPU: AMD GCN, 18 CUs at 800 MHz
Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 176 GB/s

NEO

CPU: 8 Jaguar Cores at 2.1 GHz
GPU: Improved AMD GCN, 36 CUs at 911 MHz
Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, 218 GB/s

PS4K called Neo, Playstation VR was called Morpheus. :|

Linky