PlayStation Network IDs

Finally managed to free up the budget enough to get me a PS3 (The 80 GB one) after almost 2 years of waiting.

So far I just have GT5: P (And Singstar - Abba for the GF...)

Network ID: Tabascopreben

Planning on expanding the game collection shortly. Money is a little tight, so I have decided to try and keep it at 1 game/month

Been thinking about:

COD4:
I like that it's with "real" and current weapons and battlefields. Also heard good things about the multiplayer. But I'm a little worried about the singleplayer part being too short?

Fallout3:
Many hours of entertainment, but will it get boring in the long run? And is there a multiplayerpart?

MGS4:
I really like the series and have played 1-3, but I'm afraid that when the game is completed I won't play it again. Kinda like a long movie where you control the main character...

Farcry 2:
Potential for many hours of fun, but I have heard the missions are too repetitative.

I think I'll just rent Killzone2 to clear the singleplayer, and I'm kinda tired of the GTA series.

Any recommendations?

Welcome to the club!!! :D

MGS4 has to be in you collection. It's quite an experience and a graphical benchmark for the PS3.

COD4 is also a very good game. But yes, the singleplayer campaign is very short :(

If you plan to play a lot in multiplayer I highly recommend it. But Killzone 2 is also a very good option.

Fallout 3 is veeeeeery long lots of possibilities and lots of hours. There's no multiplayer in it and it has a very slow pace (don't expect fast paced action because you won't get it).

Farcry 2... is a meh game. It's not bad but not as good as the other shooters out there. If I were you I'd change FarCry 2 for Killzone 2.

You also have plenty of other interesting games for the PS3.

Ferrari Challenge
Exclusive for the PS3 made by System 3. Really good physics and LOTS of game modes (including a ferrari Top Trumps card game :D). If you play with a wheel the experience is superb (lots of forcefeedback and response from it).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpSJfTSoBGg&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

PS: Tiff Needel is in it! :lol:

Battlefield Bad Company
If you are into multiplayer shooters you might like this one. It has all the good things of the PC version plus a singleplayer campaign (as long as the COD4 one).

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaHcMxfJlhY&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

Resistance 2

A really good singleplayer shooter with lots of game modes (Co-Op campaign included). And it's also the only console game to support online multiplayer up to 60 people.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJZLOluKtHs&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

Wipeout HD

The best PSN game out there. At 1080p + 60 fps is just a superb game. If you ever played a Wipeout game before you probably know what I'm talking about. If not... you should ;)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO7mp-lyYnQ&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

And many more...

If you want more info. just tell me the game genres you like and I can tell you about you some other games.

Enjoy the GT5P experience!! Is worth the price of the Ps3! ^_^

^ thank you very much for the feed back :D

As for the genres:

I am a pretty hardcore GT fan, and GT5 is the only reason why I haven't bought the much cheaper 360. Concearning other driving games I'm not to sure. I tried Forza 2 for a couple of days and didn't really like it...
Supercar Challenge could be a option once it comes out.

RPG is kinda tricky. I tried Oblivion a while back, and it didn't really do much for me, but I have seen and read alot about Fallout 3 and I think I would like it. Also because my game purchases are slightly limited it would be a good option since it will probably last a while.

I guess MGS4 will be high on my list then.

I have played alot of FPS on PC in the past, but I'm not quite sure about RTS with a controller. I guess it can work since so many others do it...

I'm really looking forward to Prototype, God of war 3 and the new Operation Flashpoint. I try not to get my hopes up for a release of GT5 anytime soon :dunno:

We'll get GT5 news soon. Probably at E3.

I'm a hardcore GT fan too (and probably one of the few people with three copies of the same game :lol:) so I bought my Ps3 too because of the game. i know they are taking too long to release any news or anything realted with the real thing. But it's polyphony, they take a long time to release their games but they are worth the wait.

About Fallout 3, it is a very good game but I have to tell you: it's a VERY slow paced game. Don't expect dynamic combats or anything fast. If you get to see an enemy don't expect a "shot in the head = dead". It is still a very good game but a little bit slow in my opinion.

Fallout 3 is very slow. by all means its a incredible and well thought out game but when your going to start the game you should be aware that you'll spend the first hour of the game inside a bunker before your finally let loose upon the world. Normally its the type of game i don't play for extended runs.
Also there's something about walking around in the nuclear holocaust of a bombed out city that gets a bit depressing after a while... sometimes i thought "i just want to go and hang myself now..." but then i thought "no wait, i'll try and get to the next level before i do that."

Fallout 3 is very slow. by all means its a incredible and well thought out game but when your going to start the game you should be aware that you'll spend the first hour of the game inside a bunker before your finally let loose upon the world. Normally its the type of game i don't play for extended runs.
Also there's something about walking around in the nuclear holocaust of a bombed out city that gets a bit depressing after a while... sometimes i thought "i just want to go and hang myself now..." but then i thought "no wait, i'll try and get to the next level before i do that."

:lol: I might have to get something happy and colorful with it then :p Maybe Little big planet.

About the pace, the reason my budget is tight is that I'm unemployed atm so time is an abundant resource ;)

:lol: I might have to get something happy and colorful with it then :p Maybe Little big planet.

About the pace, the reason my budget is tight is that I'm unemployed atm so time is an abundant resource ;)

hear you there, i've been unemployed for the last few months and when i'm not trying to find work out there i usually end up playing old games on the PS3 or my Xbox. Actually if you start looking for something happy and colorful i'd actually recommend Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction.

Ratchet & Clank is a very good game and plataformer but is too short (not including the expansion) :(

With Little Big Planet you'll get hours and hours of gameplay and unlimited fun.

I also recommed you to take a look some japanese games. There are some really good gems that probably wont leave japan and need to be played. I got my Initial D from there and it was worth every cent ^_^

Ratchet & Clank is a very good game and plataformer but is too short (not including the expansion) :(

With Little Big Planet you'll get hours and hours of gameplay and unlimited fun.

I also recommed you to take a look some japanese games. There are some really good gems that probably wont leave japan and need to be played. I got my Initial D from there and it was worth every cent ^_^

also agree with you there, i recently got hold of Valkryia Chronicles and its a great game. Heard great things about Disagea 3 as well, something like max lvl of 999 or something.

also agree with you there, i recently got hold of Valkryia Chronicles and its a great game. Heard great things about Disagea 3 as well, something like max lvl of 999 or something.

Yeah! If we are talking about Disgaea we can expect something like max lvl of 999 :lol:

I heard that Yakuza 3 is really good too.

my id is MattBone - i've got COD4/5/GranTurismo 5 Prologue/LittleBigPlanet/Skate 2

My ID is asianstig. In GRID, my team is Arse Biscuits. :) I'm also on GT5 and DiRT.

I just played someone called petitemouse on the touring car matchup in GRID. The BMW's handle great, however, my opponent clipped the tires in the chicane and he was sent flying, and I flew under him, but with no damage. I went on to win and he finished as well. He was a sport to finish the race even though he crashed! Our best laps were just 0.04 seconds apart (my advantage)!!

..or maybe he was a she.

Added a logo to the group. Willing to change it if anyone has something better than just the PSN network logo.

I just added UFC Undisputed to my collection, so in the words of Sgt Hulka, "Any o you suckholes wanna climb up here and knock me off?"

My username in there is Redliner16v guilhermeatencio

So far, I only got GT5P, but give me some time to buy some more games. :p

Last edited:
I just added UFC Undisputed to my collection, so in the words of Sgt Hulka, "Any o you suckholes wanna climb up here and knock me off?"

How can we find you without your username?

Thanks!
Add me there and pay attention to the correct id. :mrgreen:
Saw your request and thought "Who the hell? nobody besides PunisherBass has added me on this thing.."