Please explain the phrase 'this lady is not for turning'

He said that cars from the Thatcher era (F40) were better than cars from the Blair era. The quote was to further that point.

He went on to do a Blair-esque speech about "building a better britain, pensions, blahblah" for the new supercars, then after the "that's not the point" goes back to the Thatcher esque speech/policies; "recapture the Falkland islands" etc.

He was just comparing the era of cars to their respective era of politics. Ballsy and strong to weak and limp wristed.

Aaaah very good. Usually JC is more blunt, maybe I'm just dumb.

If this is what I'm getting..

F40 cant do U-turns properly.. only in clouds of tyre smoke. :)

You are all taking it way too literally, I can't tell you exaclty what he meant unless I see it within context.

You are all taking it way too literally, I can't tell you exaclty what he meant unless I see it within context.

i think he meant..the F40 is not for turning.... into a blairite wuss mobile.

tony bliar is too limp wristed to drive the F40

Yeah thats his point, F40 = a real man-with-serious-bollocks car from the uncompromising 80s.

Modern supercars = too compromising and trying to please health and safety wusses of the Blair Era.

How about in Season 9, last episode after Jezza and Hammond drive James' limo? James says something like "You pair of utter pillogs!" What is that last word?

Pillocks.

It means penis, Pillock. :p

For all of you out there that have questions about "British-isms" you may want to check out this site, it doesn't have everything but a good amount:

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/

I use a few of the things on that site in casual conversation now. Like the other day I a couple buddies and I were checking out a girl and I reffered to her as "A dead heat in a zeppelin race" :lol: :lol:

There's a joke begging to be made with the phrase "'sod-off' shotgun", but I just can't seem to think of it.

I always laugh a little even when just thinking about Clarkson saying, "No no no no no!" in his high pitched Thatcher-voice.

I always laugh a little even when just thinking about Clarkson saying, "No no no no no!" in his high pitched Thatcher-voice.

His responses to the thatcher speeches during the SLR race were some of my favourites :lol: