Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
The more I listen to Carolla, the less funny and more annoying I find him. :(

Really? :(

I like him. :?

He actually knows about the Iso Grifo:? This man is a total card dork! Wow, he definitely knows his stuff.

I find this hilarious. Not really what he is saying, but the fact that the guys that were supporting an American Top Gear were expecting to have 3 American hosts that were obsessed with American cars and culture in general. And the only confirmed host so far is even more against American cars and culture than Clarkson is. And I'm impressed with the Bizzarrini and Iso mention.

Last edited:
I agree with a lot of what Adam said, but I think he's watching just a tad too much UK TopGear and basing his opinions (and rhetoric) on it.

He talked about American cars having big iron block V8s, solid axles, leaf springs, plastic interiors, fake wood, single carbs, single cams, etc. I had a hard time figuring out if he was talking about old cars or new. Because very very few modern cars are running solid axles and leaf springs. And to go the other direction, I've owned a couple Japanese and German cars from the early to late 80's and they have just as much, if not more, plastic in the interiors then any American car I've owned. And if you look inside most old muscle cars, the interiors had very little plastic. You could also buy old muscle cars with multiple carbs and disc brakes. And lots of modern 21st century cars still use drum brakes.

I have started listening to his show a lot more after learning of him hosting Gear. I get the podcasts and listen to them at work :D

hahaha and I thought i liked him before

[offtopic]
My parents went to high school with craig shoemaker (named at the top of the show).

[/offtopic]

But on topic again, I agree with Viper, Carolla's rants are pretty darn good. I enjoy listening to his show and the more of his stuff I hear, the better suited I think he will be for this show.

While I do not agree with him on the Nascar thing, I do agree with most of what he said about muscle cars. I do agree that most American cars to this day have too much plastic but chassis-wise we're set (thanks Aussies).

I agree with a lot of what Adam said, but I think he's watching just a tad too much UK TopGear and basing his opinions (and rhetoric) on it.

He talked about American cars having big iron block V8s, solid axles, leaf springs, plastic interiors, fake wood, single carbs, single cams, etc. I had a hard time figuring out if he was talking about old cars or new. Because very very few modern cars are running solid axles and leaf springs. And to go the other direction, I've owned a couple Japanese and German cars from the early to late 80's and they have just as much, if not more, plastic in the interiors then any American car I've owned. And if you look inside most old muscle cars, the interiors had very little plastic. You could also buy old muscle cars with multiple carbs and disc brakes. And lots of modern 21st century cars still use drum brakes.

What I heard of it, he was only talking about "old" muscle cars.