Pok?mon Go!

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
So, everyone and their grandmothers are going out with their smartphones trying to catch virtual pets and force them to fight, and having accidents/wandering into dangerous parts of town in the process.

Anyone playing this?

Last edited:
Opened it, caught a fat bulbasour (it said xl in size and weight), got bored, uninstalled it.

My opinion is that its a lamer version of Geocaching. I'd rather be outside glued to my phone searching for something cleverly hidden in real life than virtual animals.

Last edited:
I've been addicted. Half of my office is as well. I took my first gym the other day and had to go back to retake it today. It helps I'm on vacation and it's in the middle of nowhere so there's not many people to steal it from me.

My opinion is that its a lamer version of Geocaching. I'd be outside glued to my phone searching for something cleverly hidden in real life than virtual animals.

It's actually by the same people who did Ingress, another game where you had to walk around to your objectives, capture portal, deploy turrets and what not.

People are going out and walking around which is not a bad thing if you ask me.

Businesses and other interested parties in attracting a lot of people (sadly, thieves too), can drop a PokeStop to draw players in, and rumors are that you can pay a fee to convert your business into a gym, like in Japan, where all McDonalds will become gyms.

01af30e33f231eb9cebe3ce3f655a410.jpg

Last edited:
The app is super unstable and I don't walk much.... I liked Pokemon before it was cool

[video=youtube;_w6-iHbtn-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6-iHbtn-Y[/video]

I'm no doctor of engineering, but why not just use 'Fake GPS' on android and collect them all whilst on the toilet?

I've been addicted. Half of my office is as well. I took my first gym the other day and had to go back to retake it today. It helps I'm on vacation and it's in the middle of nowhere so there's not many people to steal it from me.
This. I have a month long holiday now and nothing really planned so I'm taking walks and bike rides everywhere just because.

4 days in and I've already covered 40ish kms, while I'm usually a couch potato, so that aspect is good. Catching a million weedles and zubats gets boring though....

Installed it when it released in my country, because I was curious what the hype was about, and been hooked since. It does help that a) a couple colleagues at work are playing too; and b) my kids like going outside pokemon hunting. I've always like to go walking, and this gives me something to do while wandering around, making my walks more enjoyable.

A couple of weeks old but contains excellent fake Pokemans.

Holy butts this thing eats battery if you leave it on for a couple of hours! I'm also at a disadvantage compared to people who live in larger cities, as there are a ton of pokestops everywhere ( I counted 3 within walking distance) plus every shop owner puts out lures to get more customers... I think just sitting in a big square of a big city ypu can have 3 pokestops in the vicinity at the same time + lures = lots of pokemons.

I'm at around 48 pokemon now, so about 1/3 of the way. Getting harder to find new ones, and there are random ones with 400cp popping up....dunno if I wanna spend time upgrading the ones I have since it's easier to catch new ones....

Evolving gives a lot of xp though, even if it's one you've already evolved, so I'm doing that to keep my level rising. How far along are you guys? I'm at level 14

They changed the spawning locations around, no more Dratinis at my place :(

Maybe lvl 22 tomorrow.

I'm on holidays so I'm mostly at home, where pokestops are rare and Pok?mon are even rarer (save a pidgey, weedle or zubat, of which I have a billion each)... I need to find some excuses to visit larger cities