[Polar Challenge Special] July 25th, 2007

I was crying with laughter at the preparation shenanigans too. the attempts to ski, to put up the tent,and when the guy with the pixellated face shoved Clarkson in the water- I thought Clarkson was going to go for him...

Originally Posted by poptya

I'm really surprised Jezza didn't attack the retard who pushed him in the water.

The guy was a SAS Trooper. They are the meanest, toughest and most efficient killing machines on planet earth. Period.

There are only two rules in life;
1. Don't eat yellow snow.
2. Don't F**K with the SAS.

This is my first Final Gear post - you have been warned :?

I thought that last night's trek was great - even if it did leave me with a nail shortage. We may well have known the outcome on some level from the internet coverage of the trip at the time, but never did that prepare us for exactly what they went through. Not sure either that it prepared me for the site of the Two Fat Ladies (to quote Sir Ranulph Wilman's blog) on their porta-loo seat!!! That might take longer to get over than all else :blink:

That was Epic. Congrats on an incredible accomplishment. But this and the english channel thing...tempting fate much?

Hat's off to the crew, presenters and BBC tech-bods for doing the trip. Amazing and entertaining. The Hamster is a bit of a superman, and Mr. Willman's comment about the Two Fat Ladies sums it up.

Not watched it since last night and only caught about 80% of it as I was unwrapping my new XBox360 at the time.

The pixel-face man comments were funny. Also: James with a chainsaw...

C: Don't do that James.
M: Why not ?
C: Because you'll cut your fucking arm off !!

lol

Jezza nodding off at the wheel and the G'n'T's (ahhh luxury).

Were the other (film/support ?) crew in a Hillux too ?

The music and camera work was terrific as usual. There's also a lovely, slow, hi-def zoom into the arctic moon at one point that had me drooling when I noticed it happening. Nice. Have to re-watch it again soon without the distractions.

Roll-on season 10.

Fantastic. IMHO not the best ever episode of TG ever tough.
I love the new HD quality too, I hope regular TG will be aired in HD too next season.

very nice episode ... enjoyed it :)

I really want one of those Hilux Trucks :)

WOW! I have been stunned into silence since 8pm yesterday evening!
Hats off to the team & crew who were supporting of course, but
(girlie bit warning) TG3 were FABULOUS!! Jezza was GORGEOUS (yes, even with stubble & waist-down naked on the bumper dumper) and James was incr'edible'. I laughed until I hurt over the gin & wine. I bet he makes a mean picnic! (girlie bit over)
What guts & determination they had to attempt this, never mind get as far as they did. I felt humble & guilty watching from under my duvet, cozy & warm. Richard did especially well. Most people would not be able to do what he did. Properly extreme!
Wasn't it amazing for once to have scenery even more beautiful than the cars, but F**K me what a car! It deserves respect of the levels seen for the Hilux!
Some brilliant driving tips too, for driving through big snow! (well, you know, what with global warming, best to be prepared LOL)
It was an amazing TG special, and although not as humorous as the American special, definately made it as proper quality television because of the emotions it evoked in everyone who watched.
WELL DONE TEAM TG!!!

Those Icelandic trucks rock. If you go to Iceland , you see lots, based on all kinds of cars. I've seen the lighter fuel trick done before! Those people are crazy, in a very clever way.
land_rover_defender_iceland.jpg

Cruiser70.jpg

4x4-snow-and-ice-extra-long-land-cruiser.jpg

4x4-snow-and-ice-toyota-hilux.jpg

Funnily enough I have a Tamiya Bruiser truck that looks exactly like the one above!

Also, anyone got a screen grab of when Jeremy sees the wine James brought? It's classic.

i find it funny that they didn't mention ONCE! the name of the customizer.. witch i'm sure is Arctic trucks.. as they have a longstanding partnership with Toyota. Don't know about the rest of the world but you can by those modified Hiluxes from the Toyota dealers in Norway..

http://www.arctictrucks.com/ <--- more pictures and stuff

They drove 2 Hiluxs and 1 LandCrusier

That was really excellent!
I hear that the Sunday repeat is going to include 30 mins of outtakes, which would be great to see as well!
And glad to see FinalGear being recognized by Wilman, as THE website of choice of TopGear to judge reaction to the shows!!!!!
Great stuff! Now on to Everest!

The guy was a SAS Trooper. They are the meanest, toughest and most efficient killing machines on planet earth. Period.

There are only two rules in life;
1. Don't eat yellow snow.
2. Don't F**K with the SAS.

I wouldn't let the SBS hear you saying that ;)

Best hour of television I have watched. That's all I have to say...

Wouldnt it be cool to see Top Gear Dog pulling the sled? =)

Just for a few moments of course since I doubt it could withstand the temperatures.

That was the best of all TG race-episodes ever. Just amazing things they did there.
And that funny moments with gin, wine and Richards fallings down. :rofl:

And Richard - I have no words for his great work and sacrifice. Big respect for him.

After seeing that great fight with nature with three most funniest and great Englishmans (and staff) i say only three words: I WANT MORE !!!

I'm going to wath it over and over again..

ahpadt said:
Frederic said:
I wonder how they got back (with an empty tank of fuel)?

Same...

I think this picture might give a clue as to how they all got back. I'm sure people who knew what they were doing were responsible for driving the trucks back to the starting point.

large.jpg

As for the episode itself, I loved every bit of it. I have never seen anyone so happy to be drinking a bottle of wine. I guess in that kind of a situation...! Plus, who would have guessed it would turn out to be a commentary on the environment. Al Gore shows us a computer animation of a polar bear crashing through the ice and the Top Gear team shows us actual footage of the ice eating a 3-ton pickup. Great stuff!!

Now on to downloading the 7G HD version!