[Polar Challenge Special] July 25th, 2007

Absolutley excellent. Scary, funny, impressive and even very well filmed.

Loved every Minute of it. :)

[offtopic]My monthly limit of download is 10gb; so dl'ing the 7gb version just isn't possible. Don't you guys have downloadinglimits on your connection?[/offtopic]

[offtopic]My monthly limit of download is 10gb; so dl'ing the 7gb version just isn't possible. Don't you guys have downloadinglimits on your connection?[/offtopic]
My limit is 1GB/24h, but the quota system was broken so I transferred about 7GB in 12 hours when downloading :p
It's fixed now though :(

That was fucking brilliant. One of the best episodes of TG ever, possibly the best race/ challenge they've done. Found it pretty funny when that big hard SAS man ( might be Andy McNab I believe he does this sort of stuff now) pushed Clarkson in without notice.

I'm not arsed that they didn't get to the "proper" North Pole, think you could do better be my guest......

Hmmmm 7gb of HD goodness, would my PC work long enough for it to download........

Aaammmmaaaazzzziiiinnnnggg episode. Sadly the ending was a bit weak, would have been fun to see Richard at pole. But JC skiing after the Hilux and James almost drowned the car. James on the bumper-dumper whilst driving :lol:
9,5/10

Nice to see that POWER!!! isn't a solution for everything.

I need to see the HD version...... NOW

Next time: JC powersliding the moonrover. :p

excellent episode I reaaally enjoyed it, they way they drunk gin&tonic.. and the WINE, lol... the cinematic shots were also brilliant.
Although I would have seen Hammond get to the pole and meeting them.. or knowing how they got back, when they have run out of fuel.. ;)

When the episode finished, it was hard to believe that they are the first ones to drive to north pole and it left me speechless

Absolutely amazing special. And can I just say extra huge kudos for Matty McNair!!!" Yes, the boys were absolutely fantastic (you'd almost start thinking Richard really is bionic :shock: ) but that woman (the one on the sled with Richard) does this kind of stuff for a living!

http://img468.imageshack.**/img468/799/00731062og3.jpg

Best. Episode. Ever.

I laughed. I cried. I was anxious. I was excited. I was scared. I was enthralled. I loved it.

Brilliant episode and what a great truck! I saw one the other day, not as modified as the "Team G&T" one, but still an Arctic Truck.

Also worth mentioning that the norwegian equivalent of Top Gear, "Autofil", use one of these as a "company car":

jan.jpg

More info.

Top Gear never ceases to amaze me. Was I the only one expecting Hammond to pop up and surprise them two when they got out of the Hilux? It's a shame we never saw him get there, but my respect for him grows more and more.

This was the first time I actually watched the episode real time (in mid-night!) I love this episode!! This was also the first time that I didn't laugh looking at a miserable Clarkson. Real touching stuff there. Well done top gear crew and the helpers, but especially the three presenters.

Now we know why Hammond could abandon his car and run home. He got plenty of training in this episode :p

I held my breath every moment of the show. That was brilliant. I loved how it was May that was the joker, and Clarkson as the worrying character. Complete reverse of character! This also reinforces my stand as Toyota = invincible.

Oh yeah, "GREAT SUCCESS!" LMAO!

Last edited:
As for the episode itself, I loved every bit of it. I have never seen anyone so happy to be drinking a bottle of wine. I guess in that kind of a situation...! Plus, who would have guessed it would turn out to be a commentary on the environment. Al Gore shows us a computer animation of a polar bear crashing through the ice and the Top Gear team shows us actual footage of the ice eating a 3-ton pickup. Great stuff!!
uhmm.. the ice is melting.. but the further in you get .. the less its melting..
you cant see it in the middle of a frozen wasteland.. but at the cost! its clear as hell

that was awesome.

i just LMAO at james when he pulled out the Gin and then they were driving to the north pole sipping G&T's lol so fucking funny.

bumper dumper :lol:

great footage, editing and cinematography....they really out did themselves with this one, its gonna look amazing in HD. trust clarkson to just go "PPOOOOOWWWAAA" and the bust the truck :lol:

just amazing

I'm really surprised Jezza didn't attack the retard who pushed him in the water.

Because then you'd see a fat, old newspaper journalist get owned by an ex-special forces soldier?

Download... limits? What's that? :p

I live in the USA. No limits here. ;)