Police and warrants?

So you are going to let them intimidate you into giving up your rights?

If you are within your rights to refuse a search there is nothing they can do. If they search anyway then you can not is anything they find inadmissible in court, but you can file an Internal Affairs complaint and get the ACLU involved.

Cops know the law, and they might not be happy about you denying them a search but there is nothing they can legally do about it. You are within your rights.

My favorite is if you get pulled over and they ask "do you know why I pulled you over today?" That is just fishing for an admission of guilt. If you decide to contest the ticket the cop can show up and say you admitted guilt at the scene. Keep your mouth shut and say as little as possible.

I don't know about you, but I'm not about to give up my rights so easily. Most cops will back off if they see you know the law because they don't want to get sued or have a complaint filed against them.

Look I'm not saying you're wrong. I get the point... just saying in some cases it's better to admit you did wrong and not play games with authorities. Maby they cannot do anything in right away but eventually there will be a situation in which the police can decide to be rough with you or gentle. At that moment they will remember if you were a dick to them or not. :)

Yeesh, the UK sucks then.

Its one of those things thats done to help get justice. The only time it is ever used is when a piece of evidence is messed up because of all the paper work they have to do.
The things people don't realise is that judges can bend the law quite a lot in England using the various rules that exist. Even if something is technically legal by the letter of the law you can still be charged with some law bending.

Its one of those things thats done to help get justice. The only time it is ever used is when a piece of evidence is messed up because of all the paper work they have to do.
The things people don't realise is that judges can bend the law quite a lot in England using the various rules that exist. Even if something is technically legal by the letter of the law you can still be charged with some law bending.

I am willing to bet my left testicle it's like that in every country.

Look I'm not saying you're wrong. I get the point... just saying in some cases it's better to admit you did wrong and not play games with authorities. Maby they cannot do anything in right away but eventually there will be a situation in which the police can decide to be rough with you or gentle. At that moment they will remember if you were a dick to them or not. :)

Well, the more you let someone scare you into giving up your rights the more they will do it, and not just to you but everyone. If a cop crosses the line you work within the system (which is what I'm advocating) to fight it. Remember, they have the burden of proof and if they break the law or procedure then nothing they do is admissible (in the US at least) and you go free. If cops don't follow the rules criminals get off the hook and get back on the streets.

For me, fear is never a reason to give up my rights. In fact if someone tries to use fear as a reason for me to give up my rights I will fight that much harder to defend them. Remember what Benjamin Franklin said: He that gives up his freedom for security deserves neither. And eventually you will have neither.

Ye all have it easy guys, a very good friend of mine was summonsed to remove the standard spoiler on his DC2 Integra Type R ...

The rule of thumb here is to not fuck with the Garda

On second thoughts I am pretty sure that is how it works in England. I have several friends who are detectives in the London metro police and they all have "warrant cards" with their badges that give them the power to search or detain people.

Are you sure that was British law? Because Hong Kong recently changed the law after the Chinese took over, certain higher ranked police also have a General Warrant and can search your house regardless or not they have a warrant from the judge, as long as that police officer is present, its fine.

I always thought that was some sort of Chinese communist law that they wanted to impose on Hong Kong as well :lol:

Ye all have it easy guys, a very good friend of mine was summonsed to remove the standard spoiler on his DC2 Integra Type R ...

The rule of thumb here is to not fuck with the Garda

Why would they make him take apart a stock car? If it's not legal then they can't sell it with that equipment. If it's stock and the equipment was legal at the time of sale I don't think they can force him to modify his car.

Last edited: