Police Officer Goes Absolutely Bat-shiat.

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
Link

There is a link to the actual video and a transcription is located at the bottom of the link as well.

Not really sure what to make of this. On the one hand, the kid seemingly did nothing wrong. On the other hand, he did talk back to the cop dickishly several times.

/I'm hoping we won't have any "OMG COPS R SUCK!" comments.

Damn, that guy kept a way cooler head than I would've. The cop was a huge dick, and the stuff he was saying; he deserves to be fired, not suspended.

The kid did nothing wrong. The cop starts saying he can make up things that could send the kid to jail... I think it's pretty clear who was in the wrong here...

Link

There is a link to the actual video and a transcription is located at the bottom of the link as well.

Not really sure what to make of this. On the one hand, the kid seemingly did nothing wrong. On the other hand, he did talk back to the cop dickishly several times.

Talking back doesn't give the cop any right to do this type of shit. Hell, we're the ones who pay their salary to serve and protect, not to turn into some king-shit deputy who goes on a power trip just becouse a little punk-ass mouthes off. A cop is no different than you or me, he/she is given a salary to do a service, not to abuse power bestowed upon them by their position.

The cop went over the line the moment he said "I'll make up anything I need." And the fact that he kept saying "try me." $10 says that cop had his ass kicked repeatedly in high-school and is making up for it now.

BTW, thats not to far from my house maybe I can go pick a fight :tease:

I think someone doesn't like the nightshift/spilt his coffee/dropped his donut under the car seat/all of the above.

Either way, that cop was an arse. The guy with the car seemed a bit weird though, still, he didn't deserve that.

that's why I always pull over in a well lit and populated area, if it can be helped at all.

fuckin dickhead cops ruin it for everyone.

These kinds of things aren't rare. It's just seldom do we have the evidence against the police to disprove their word. Hope that guy is fired.

$10 says that cop had his ass kicked repeatedly in high-school and is making up for it now.

Not too long ago I heard someone, probably in a movie, say that the people who become cops are people who in high school picked on all the smart, popular, or nerdy kids. But then when all those kids graduated, went off to college, and eventually got great jobs; those dick heads were stuck with no worthwhile plans.

So they became cops so they could bully people for a career. Now I know a few officers/deputies/sheriffs and they don't really fit that description. But I'm sure somewhere, it's true.

Last edited:
Not too long ago I heard someone, probably in a movie, say that the people who become cops are people who in high school picked on all the smart, popular, or nerdy kids. But then when all those kids graduated, went off to college, and eventually got great jobs; those dick heads were stuck with no worthwhile plans.

So they became cops so they could bully people for a career. Now I know a few officers/deputies/sheriffs and they don't really fit that description. But I'm sure somewhere, it's true.

That actually makes a bit more sense. I know a former cop/sherif deputy, that served the same area this guy does, and I know one thing he told me was that most of the guys he knew shouldn't have been allowed near a weapon let alone being a cop and enforcing the law.

That cop was a dick right from the start. There's absolutely no reason the guy should have needed to get out of the car in the first place.

That cop should lose his job and be given a hefty fine for abuse of authority, invasion of privacy and severe violation of that guy's rights. It's morons like that who give officers of the law a bad name.

The movie is Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.
Luckily the only times I've dealt with cops they've been good. I absolutely hate that there are cops like this guy and worse, and I'm glad that this kid gave the lip that he did, and even more glad he got it all on tape. That officer is a douchebag and should be fired.

That actually makes a bit more sense. I know a former cop/sherif deputy, that served the same area this guy does, and I know one thing he told me was that most of the guys he knew shouldn't have been allowed near a weapon let alone being a cop and enforcing the law.

That's what I kept thinking the whole time watching it. The way he was talking/yelling, the words he was using, and the manner of his cadence made me think he wasn't the smartest guy in the world.

Like, take him out of the cop equation, and just picture it as two guys yelling at each other. The kid definitely comes off looking like the smarter of the two. The other one... well, seems like the drunkard at the end of the bar you see on a Tuesday night yelling (but no one's listening) about how Bud Light is the best beer, the Browns are the best team, and his buddy's '78 Chevy Nova could dust anyone.

2 words

Power

Trip

/thread

Edit: this has been posted on AnandTech the other day, qutie a few people reckon this was set up.

The kid stayed very calm for a long time, the cop is the only person to fault in my opinion.

And I'm not the sort of "OMG COPS R SUCK"-person you're thinking of. I respect cops.

And I'm not the sort of "OMG COPS R SUCK"-person you're thinking of. I respect cops.

I wasn't thinking of you more mature guys when I wrote that. I was thinking more of the Carsightings, Piddington, Goose+ persuasion. But I guess they don't frequent this forum that often.