Police seize scores of knives in a search of 4,000 suspects

Ok, the Utah State Capitol building has no metal detectors, you are free to carry your firearm with a CCP (Concealed Carry Permit) or you can open-carry. Open carry means that you are wearing your gun in a way that anyone can see it, so it's not concealed and you don't need a permit. It seems like every fifth person up there is carrying a gun, and those are just the ones you can see.

Now, if you were a criminal, would you want to go up there?

I really wish that California would loosen up its laws........

I have a tactical army knife in my car. Any punk/thug/kaffir that tries to pull a smash & grab move on me will get stabbed.

Plus the whole knife is completely black, including the blade, making it really useful at night.

Its not really that different from when Schools in the US had metal detectors to find guns and knives. Same problem, just that its not in schools its on the streets.
Sure it is. It's fine for schools to do the search, because they search everyone. However, having cops search anyone on the street without probable cause is not legal, at least not here.

Personally, I believe it's your natural right (or God given right) to self defense. I guess it's my libertarian speaking. You shouldn't be put in the position where you're completely defenseless and placing your life in the hands of others. It seems carrying a knife will make you a criminal, even if you've never hurt a fly. I think we have enough reasons to turn people into criminals, we don't need any more.
Exactly, I can't put it any better than that.