Polish Airshow Crash

HondaF1

Aussie Bastard
Car(s)
First Aberdeen Bus Network
Wow, a great sequence of photos from a crash at the Radom Airshow.

EDIT: I have put them in order now and removed spoiler function.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

2.jpg

1_000.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A) The pictures seem to be out of order.

B) What happened? Looks like the plane just randomly blew up mid air. :confused:

C) Got a link to a story or something?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20551061/

WARSAW, Poland - Two small planes collided during an acrobatic display at an air show in Poland on Saturday, killing both pilots, authorities said.

Footage broadcast on TVN24 television showed the two small red planes slamming into each other and bursting into fragments at the Radom Air Show.

Both pilots died in the crash, Polish Air Force spokesman Maj. Wieslaw Grzegorzewski said.

There were no reports of injuries among those on the ground; the television footage showed the collision happening well away from the crowd.

Recovery efforts were under way, and all events planned for Sunday were canceled, Grzegorzewski said.

Video of the crash.

Roughly translated: Mother of God! Mother of God! What's happened? I can't believe it!

RIP

Last edited:
Yeesh.

Those photos appear in the order that Sky News UK had. I didnt think to post the story. Sorry.

if i had to guess i would say the pics are reversed. either way i think teletubby had it right when he said "mother of god"

^ Well it's a pretty graphic crash, so I decided to just incase people didnt want to see it. Also, I was practicing using the spoiler text function.

I don't think I've ever seen an airshow crash that wasn't graphic...the title itself should give enough warning.

Anyway, I saw the pcitures in the paper this morning. Terrible.

Air show crashes are always terrible things. Just this past July one of my favorite aerobatic pilots, Jim LeRoy, died in a crash at a show just a few miles from here. I'm glad I couldn't make it out there this year. At least they died doing what they loved. I can only hope I'll be lucky enough to do the same.

There you go, removed spoiler function and put them in correct order.

There you go, removed spoiler function and put them in correct order.
You missed one (it was still outta order). I fixed it for 'ya. :)

Air shows are risky business. Like car races or similiar shows. That's why people (me included) go and watch them. I was at the Dittinger Flugtage in August 2005 (one of a lot of little airshows in Switzerland) and saw the death of a pilot. He stalled his rebuilt spitfire after a low pass and crashed in to a wood next to the airstrip. And guess what I was doing in August 2007? Yes, I was at the Dittinger Flugtage. Classic.

Greetings, lip

i remember seeing this on the news and just being in shock. i feel for the pilots families.

That's pretty bad... airplane crashes all ways unnerve me slightly...