Political Correctness Gone Mad in Irish University.

Buffy_09

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-lukianoff/sex-fruit-bats-and-politi_b_576597.html
http://www.independent.ie/national-...showing-colleague-batsex-article-2182555.html

Basically, a professor of Behavioural Science in UCC showed his colleagues an article about oral sex activity found among fruit bats.

One female colleague was offended, complained, and now he is on a two year probationary period.

She apparently made some other complaint about him last year, but that complaint was dismissed.
Now she claims that him showing her this article was "sexual harassment"

Fuck's sake. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree with you more! It's gone stupid these days.

I was driven out of my last job (word to the wise never make more money than the boss as they get jealous!) and some of the accusations in the statements made by colleagues were ridiculous. We used to smoke out the back and the back door was right next to the toilets - they even had two female staff stating they wouldn't use the toilets while I was smoking in case I was listening FFS!

Needless to say it cost them a hell of a lot of money in settlement!

That's not political correctness, that's just plain stupid.

http://felidware.com/DylanEvans/

Here are all the documents involved, including the initial complaint, the responses from Dr. Evans, the investigation and the president's response.

Just a couple of points.
1) The complainent refused his immediate offer (that is, as soon as he was contacted about the complaint) of apology and to partake in mediation action. She made no informal efforts to stop the "harassment", and went straight through to the formal procedure.

2) The complainent's husband....one of the University's Vice Presidents.

Ireland is catholic.

To quote Jack FM, "The other say we saw Suggs on TV talking about diversity, it's Madness gone Politically Correct'.

To quote Jack FM, "The other say we saw Suggs on TV talking about diversity, it's Madness gone Politically Correct'.

Stephen Fry, that one.

Also "I saw Suggs walking down my driveway... obviously he's the first sign of Madness."

Woman - "Please help me... that man harassed me!"
Policeman - "What did he do, exactly?"
W - (crying) "He... he just... showed me his..."
P - "oh..."
W - "his peer-reviewed article on bats!"
P - "Do they call it that, now?
W - "Oh, it was so long..."

Last edited:
Now it seems the complainent (since named in the press) and her husband have left the university for "no related reason"

Also Dr. Evans is in more trouble with the uni for the release of the confidential documents. He claims that a friend of his did it, and he claimed that it was himself, to protect his friend's identity.

Dang, I wish something that interesting / ridiculous / annoying would happen at my uni, if just to make things more interesting.....

.... the nursing students epically Rick Rolling one of our lecturers (who also takes us for one subject) on the big lecture theatre screen via an email attachment doesn't count. :glare:

I know some people myself, who would read the OP and then say "Hey, we need to discuss this, before we dismiss it. No seriously, we need to."

Needless to say I have a reputation of being rude and incorrigible in discussions :D

You see, this is exactly what happens when you let women in the workplace. Such topics are obviously of great interest and yet it's only the manfolk who dare to show it.

Political correctness is infecting out schools. Here's an incident from my university this year: National Post

Sumo suits, the plastic novelties that can transform a skinny sports fan into a comically unstable sphere for the delight of a stadium audience, are racist and dehumanizing instruments of oppression, according to the student government of Queen's University.

The suits were to be part of an event that raised money for a local foodbank... Essentially people aren't gonna eat tonight because some bitch got offended.

"I am Politically correct and I have seen a woman reverse park a car into a tiny space, no really - I was dreaming". Or

"Officer - that man over there". pointing
"Yes"! replies the policeman looking concerned
"He, ... He, ..." snivviling, "He did not make an improper advance to me".
"Er he did not"? replies the policemen
"NO! Can you go and make he do so"?

Oh and by the way not all of Ireland is Catholic, even in the Republic - see Grahame Norton.

Last edited:
The suits were to be part of an event that raised money for a local foodbank... Essentially people aren't gonna eat tonight because some bitch got offended.

The problem is that the one voice gets listened to because it is "a story". Got to fill that 24 hour news cycle somehow.

It's stupid to let ones opinoins be decided by what's politically correct.

Oh, and it makes no difference to me if you're being politically incorrect, just to be it.