Political WTFuckingtosh

This will make for interesting family gatherings.

His opposition did a terrible job looking for information.

That might be, but the fact that he posed for a picture like that 35 years ago should be completely irrelevant today.

Even if he was a "real" racist back then, can people not change, can they not be rehabilitated? The guy served in the army for 8 years, he has been a pediatric neurologist for 27 years, he has been in politics for over 10 years, now all that is thrown aside, his legacy in tarnished and all he will be remembered for (to general public) is this picture! For fucks sake what is wrong with our society.

The biggest threat to our society is not Donald Trump or global warming, its fucking political correctness! Its pitiful, awful individuals whose only joy in life is digging up dirt and ruining the life and career of people for no other reason than their own self gratification.

Until people stop keeling over and apologizing for these they will continue to spread.

That might be, but the fact that he posed for a picture like that 35 years ago should be completely irrelevant today.

Even if he was a "real" racist back then, can people not change, can they not be rehabilitated? The guy served in the army for 8 years, he has been a pediatric neurologist for 27 years, he has been in politics for over 10 years, now all that is thrown aside, his legacy in tarnished and all he will be remembered for (to general public) is this picture! For fucks sake what is wrong with our society.

The biggest threat to our society is not Donald Trump or global warming, its fucking political correctness! Its pitiful, awful individuals whose only joy in life is digging up dirt and ruining the life and career of people for no other reason than their own self gratification.

I did not say it was right, or that I thought he should quit, just answering the question Scarface asked.

I do see this as something that somebody can mature from if they really were a racist/bigot.

Disclaimer: with this post I neither condemn nor embrace any of those actions/photos/whatever, I just want to state universally applicable facts without rating anything.

To be fair, the same thing applies to the Kavanaugh issue and many others as well.

The problem is that many people have double standards: for people they like/who are useful/whatever it's "back then it was a different time when this was accepted", "can't people change?" or "that's what youths do, they make dumb decisions and can't foresee that this one picture could ruin their future career", for people they dislike or whatever it's "see, s/he's racist", "in their hearts, people never change" or the like...

For what it is worth, he is currently giving a press conference saying he is not in that picture at all. He then went on to say that he once went as Micheal Jackson and blackened his face, but regrets it.

The VA GOP that are now calling for his resignation were once attacking him for betraying his heritage.

Do you consider black face and infanticide aspects of his family heritage?

Heritage is something that is passed from one generation to the next. The heritage that twitter post was referring to was Civil War statues that he was in favor of removing.

He was not very apologetic about the instance he did admit to blackening his face. He won a contest, so it must be fine though...

I think it is time for him to go.

So to recap the situation in Virginia:
-Gov Ralph Northam admitted to wearing blackface and needs to resign.
-Lt Gov Justin Fairfax is being accused of sexual assault and needs to resign. #believeallwomen
-AG Mark Getting has also worn blackface and he too needs to resign.

Fourth in line to take over as governor would be Republican Kirk Cox (currently the Speaker of the House). Let's see how hard Democrats will fight this.

Just pointing out what he has said.