Political WTFuckingtosh

Not in the USofA.
US has plenty of social safety nets, point being is that there is no such thing as a "social" democracy. There is democracy with social services, but social services are an accepted part of government mandate.

P.S. We also seem to have more entrepreneurship than those other places, so I kind of don't see calvin's point on social safety nets helping with entrepreneurship.

Breaking news: Mitch McConnell's great great grandfathers owned slaves 170 years ago!

Within a day of such earth-shattering news, in completely unrelated news, Amy McGrath (whoever that is) has officially challenged McConnell's Senate seat in 2020. Pure coincidence, that.

What is the problem? Is McConnell supposed to get a free ride into office?

What we see here ladies and gentlemen, is someone posing as a journalist trying to push a narrative into something that doesn't have one. For additional examples, see videogame "journalists" (bloggers?) writing about games in which the developer goes out of their way to remain apolitical.

Adblocker to deprive them from any revenue, word of mouth to keep people away.

Time Magazine announced their Person of the Year.

It's Greta Thunberg.

Things have really gone downhill since I won it in '06 :p

Seriously though. If anything it means that the media strategy around Greta is working along pretty well. Wikipedia mentions the Hong Kong protestors as runners up alongside Trump, Pelosi, and the whistleblower on the Ukraine scandal. Personally, I believe the HK protestors should have won not only as, per the wiki article, "The news makers of the year", but to further highlight their situation at present and encourage support.

This happened yesterday in Michigan.

Insert your favorite pair of facepalm memes.

This incident reminds me of a former drunk neighbor trying to hit on another neighbor.

Him: Which kid is yours?

Her: The girl with black hair (can't remember).

Him; Oh, she is cute, just like her mother.

It was so awkward, I can only imagine what she felt like.

Can this be the new “news about what’s going on in america” thread?

stay safe fellow ‘muricans.