Polyphasic Sleep

why should i rather believe that than believe those people who have actually tried polyphasic sleep and done it for half a year. who actually say yes, after a month or two of doing it, yes they do actually wake up without an alarm clock. who to believe? your source, my source, nobody knows!

I rarely need an alarm clock. Each time I set it, I usually (70% of the time) wake up just a minute or two before it goes off. You definitely don't need an alarm clock if you always wake up at a specific time or only sleep for a specified period.

I rarely need an alarm clock. Each time I set it, I usually (70% of the time) wake up just a minute or two before it goes off. You definitely don't need an alarm clock if you always wake up at a specific time or only sleep for a specified period.

Yes. This. If my alarm wakes me up I am groggy and grump all day. Usually I beat it by 5-15 minutes. Even on weekends my body wakes me up at alarm clock time.

Natural body rhythms FTW! As for loving sleep, I love a good 8 hour sleep, waking up all cuddled in my comforter with a cat on my bed purring away is a great feeling, gives me a bit of ambition for the day. Then after a long day, laying down on my comfy bed, having a cat jump up and be all lovey and then doze off is a great feeling as well. But I don't love the sleeping bit, I love the parts bookmarking either end of it, unless I'm missing some secret of sleeping.

I work night shift so I'm all too familiar with the effects of getting off your normal sleep cycle. If I don't get a good night's sleep to start the week I'm completely screwed all week long. Without that first good night of sleep I end up dead tired all the time and while I have no trouble falling asleep, I'll wake up 4 hours into it and not be able to fall asleep again despite being extremely tired. This continues until I can get things readjusted on the weekend. I've finished out a few work weeks with single-digit sleep times for the whole span. Not fun. But if I do get things started off right I'm more wide awake than I ever am on a normal day shift.

Is anyone else getting sleepy/craving sleep while reading this thread? Mmmm... nothing like a good night's rest. *yawns*

Is anyone else getting sleepy/craving sleep while reading this thread? Mmmm... nothing like a good night's rest. *yawns*

Your sig is making me want to so something else entirely, followed closely by sleep.

brush your hair? :blink:

I tend to keep it trimmed pretty short, but I suppose some brushing may occur.