Pontiac testride report...

If it was the dealer being suspicious and trashy then by all means I applaud you, if not then you are an ass, a courteous one mind you but still an ass.

.. And the first person to complain about american cars in this thread gets a ban.

... but the sooner you realize that cars other then the ones of your liking simply don't just fall apart the sooner you'll learn how unbelievably bad your Camry is as a dynamic driving experience.
I was just going to say that I'd rather drive my POS Celica than a newer Camry, but I think your reply was a little more eloquent. The GTO rides on a pretty nice chassis, some one has really hammered on that particular car. I've had two cars with persistent alignment problems, they both had frame/subframe damage.

I'm certain it was an '04. Engine even had "LS1" engraved on it. Did a carfax check on the VIN, it has 5 claims on it...

If it was made with an LS2, even "manufactured in September," it would've been a 05 model year designation.

I have no morals regarding trashing cars from sleazy dealers like this.
I looked at those pictures, and that bodykit is that of the MY05-06.

@Quiky lucky the GTO is made in Adelaide, Australia aye? :lol:

.. And the first person to complain about american cars in this thread gets a ban.

Leafsprings! Pushrods! :tease: :p :mrgreen:

Seriously though, sounds like a pretty shady dealer yeah, there's still too much of them around. My dad sells used cars (proper ones) and has to fight like mad to prove that he isn't one of those shady characters. They should be shot, hanged, drowned, cut up and burned for good measure.

SOunds like the car was dog tracking, probably in an accident.

So the car wasn't yours... and you trashed it. You sound like a douche bag to me.

I have had many friends with much experience in all different genres of cars, and they will happily support the fact that the GTOs DO NOT come with a standard factory option of "mangled" from the factory. I know driving a dreary car must make you rather hateful, but the sooner you realize that cars other then the ones of your liking simply don't just fall apart the sooner you'll learn how unbelievably bad your Camry is as a dynamic driving experience.

Fuck off.

There is no reason to insult me because I don't buy the story.

And yes, the Camry is dreadful, and that's why it's the most popular car in America.

There is no reason to insult me because I don't buy the story.

And yes, the Camry is dreadful, and that's why it's the most popular car in America.
I don't think he cares whether or not you believe the story, the insult to your car stemmed from this comment;
Archie said:
I doubt there is anything wrong with the car or the dealer.
...which would imply that all the GTO's came from the factory mangled. Which is a fairly retarded statement and could lead to people assuming that you're simply jealous of someone driving a "fun" car, instead of a rather boring family truckster. And what's with all the anger over him laying into a car on a testdrive? Car guys do that :lol:. At least some of us I guess...

Oh, I understand. He misinterpreted my post.

I wasn't insulting all Pontiacs. I was just saying that I don't see anything wrong with this particular car.

Last edited:
I was just saying that I don't see anything wrong with this particular car.
Well nothing wrong with the exterior. But if you can see frame damage and bad alignment by looking at a picture like that than you are a better man than I, sir :lol:. For instance, I plowed into a high curb going about 45mph in my old truck. Everything looked fine, didn't even blow out a tire. But after about 2 minutes of driving I figured out that the frame was tweaked and the truck wouldn't turn left nearly as sharply as it used too. It also couldn't hold an alignment anymore, not for long anyway. So I sold it to my dad who drove it for another 125k miles, crazy old man :?.