• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Poor Britons :o

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks. What happens if you have to speed to let's say avoid an accident ? Sometimes you have to wonder...

Bad idea all around, it may save lives, but it takes too much control away. And sooner or later you are going to have problems with the system, and you could have unnecessary braking and what, which could cause problems. I think this is a bad idea.

Just imagine the cost of all that. And having everyine concerned about speed is more dangerous than letting people hover around the speed limit. They introduced speed cameras in one stretch of motorway in the UK (M4) and the result was more accidents and more traffic jams.

Well, can I put a metal plate above it, if it reaches here? :mrgreen:

Well, smoking kills thousands as well, Ban that I say, howabout alcohol? Much cheaper to ban them as well.

What about people coming in from Europe? Should we have one installed as well when we enter the country with our cars, will the goverment pay? how about our warranties when we leave again? After all you cannot have some cars able to speed mixing with those who cannot...

Honestly, bureucrats, sometimes... I swear, when the revolution comes its people like this that will bite it first :p

swek said:
Sorry, but that's complete bollocks. What happens if you have to speed to let's say avoid an accident ? Sometimes you have to wonder...

The system can be overridden to avoid a hazard.

But still :thumbsdown:

Imagine a computer virus somehow getting into this system and applying the brakes on all the cars!!! That spells disaster to me...

mmap said:
I swear, when the revolution comes its people like this that will bite it first :p

Be careful, somebody might read it, my brother :lol: :lol: :lol:

Buba

I wonder why Top Gear hasn't mentioned it in the news...they should be all over it. :huh:

Cruzz563 said:
I wonder why Top Gear hasn't mentioned it in the news...they should be all over it. :huh:

Prolly in the next episode, or maybe its a small news thing that hasn't boomed yet.