Poor Corrado VR6

GTV V6

Car(s)
Audi TT V6, Skoda Octavia vRS NX
What should I do?,

As you may (or not) have noticed, there are 2 cars in my sig. at the bottom of my post, an Alfa and a VW Corrado.

The Corrado has been for sale for a couple of months now at 4500 Euros with no takers.

Today I recieved a phone call which went something like this...

M = Me, O = Other guy

M - Hello
O - You have a Corrado for sale?
M - Yes...
O - What's the bodywork like?
M - Well it lives in the street, so there are a few scratches and bumps but it's not too bad. Mechanically it's fine.
O - I'm not too bothered about the mechanical side.
M - (EH !?) Why's that then.
O - I work for a production company, and we are making an advert, we need an old coupe, a Calibra, Toyota, BMW or something and I saw your Corrado on the internet.
M - Cool, what will the car be doing?
O - Well we are going to take it to a stadium and drop a wrecking ball on it from 50 ft.
M - (WTF .....silence)
O - Could you please send me some Photos so I can show them to the Director ?
M - OK, Bye.

Now, the car is a bit tatty, Mechanically it's sound, but tatty

IT DOESN'T DESERVE THIS THOUGH

I've sent the photos asking for an extrra 500 euros for emotional distress.

I also told the guy to find a 16V or a G60 as they are common compared to the VR6 which is a future classic as everyone who watches top gear should know.

What should I do ?

My Corrado's life is in your hands :cry:

wahhh! If I was there I'd buy it from you!

fuck! that's a bad situation. No Corrado should EVER be destroyed like that! but if you can get your money for it...

argh that sucks.. I don't know what to say... :?

I wouldn't sell to him unless you need the money really really bad and soon.

Don't sell :!:

That's not the way the future classic should die (not from any brand).
But it's amazing that you're selling your car for so low price. Maybe you should try to sell your precious to Finland , you could get much better price from it. I just checked finnish prices for corrado and it's quite expensive here or what do you think.
Corrado 16V GTI
year: 1992
driven: 118000 KM
And the price 10900 ?
So practically you are giving your car for free compared to finnish prices :)

such a car would get a lot more than 4000 euros here

I guess they run for 10 000$ or so

I wouldn't sell to him unless you need the money really really bad and soon.
Don't really need the money, but it's been for sale for 2.5 months now.

I'm also paying the insurance so I can keep it running, on the road and ready for test drives.

I just checked finnish prices for corrado and it's quite expensive here or what do you think.

Mine has 154000 km and is from 1992.

I must admit that the Spanish as a whole couldn't be classed as "car nuts". If it was a TDi though, the buggers (sorry about the the language but it's justified & I'm frustrated) would lap it up. Maybe I should rip our the V6 and bung in a 1.9 TDI

In the UK the thing would be worth at least 5000 quid, but as I bought it over here (in Spain), 4 years ago for 8500 euros I guess I can't complain

What's a Corrado? :?

And do people in Spain go 'WTF' in English or Spanish?

Don't sell the car!

Throw a tarp over the car, do the necessary mechanical disconnections and keep it somewhere in a garage! Given 10-20 years a Corrado will be an extremely sought after car.

Nevermind not letting a classic die in the hands of a television producer, don't let this classic get out of your hands!

do people in Spain go 'WTF' in English or Spanish?

I'm English, it was me who said WTF.

The rest was a condenced version of the conversation, translated on-the-fly.

In Spanish, WTF would roughly be translated as...

"Que co?o pasa aqui" or QCPA (I just made that up 8) )

(If I swear really bad in Spanish, does that go against the Forums "bad Language" rules ?, I'm Trying to keep myself in control...)

A. We don't really care about swearing here, it's up to you.
B. A Corrado is made by Volkswagen. The Corrado VR6 is a fairly rare car, and quite quick. Pics:

http://php.motorcities.com/image/in...://media3.motorcities.com/00B9L120308039A.jpg

http://php.motorcities.com/image/in...//media7.motorcities.com/02E5B584059346A.jpeg

Specs (unofficial) The car these specs are for might have been modified:

Engine: 2.8L V6
Trans: 5 spd manual
Horsepower: 200 bhp
Torque: 200 lb-ft
0-60 mph: 6.4 sec
1/4 Mile: 14.7 sec
Top Speed: 145 mph

(If I swear really bad in Spanish, does that go against the Forums "bad Language" rules ?, I'm Trying to keep myself in control...)

nah you're ok! I can swear in french and noone will notice calisse d'esti de tabarnack :lol:

While I've got them both, I've been doing a bit of unofficial performance benchmarking.

There's a straight on the way to work, and every morning (if there isn't a truck in the way) I give it the berries (Sorry oliB, another bit of jargon, means that I give it some stick)

I look where the car is when it gets to 100 kph (62mph) and they are neck and neck.

The Corrado has 190 hp and weighs 1240kg
The GTV should have 220 and weighs 1400kg

The sad thing is that the Corrado is Sooooo much more practical (don't talk to me about boot space) and it went out of production about the same year as the GTV was introduced.

I wanted a Corrado VR6 the 1st time I saw one in a magasine and it still makes sense, IMHO Top gear were right :(

Also. totally deviating the thread, but what exactly does
calisse d'esti de tabarnack

mean, c'mon, I did a (rough) translation, I'm Curious :)

that means absolutely nothing well...

they're derivated from real words reffering to objects used in a church but they're used as cuss words by Quebecers :wink:

LOL thats hystercial...

if i were you i wouldnt sell it if they are gonna do that lol.. i love my car too much to send it to get wrecked =\

imillman said:
Only thing I care about is racist remarks and personal attacks. All other language is free to be used (I don't give a fuck ;)).

That specific French expression is really old....was originally composed as a spite of something to do with the Roman Catholic religion....but I forget teh exact translation. It may have something to do with relics (as in pieces of the cross.."tabernac" = "cross" ??) I wish I were more fluent in French....it's a neat language. If I had it my way, I would be fluent in English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, and maybe Italian.

As far as the Corrado's numbers are, I stand corrected :D

SiR_dude said:
That specific French expression is really old....was originally composed as a spite of something to do with the Roman Catholic religion....but I forget teh exact translation. It may have something to do with relics (as in pieces of the cross.."tabernac" = "cross" ??) I wish I were more fluent in French....it's a neat language. If I had it my way, I would be fluent in English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, and maybe Italian.

As far as the Corrado's numbers are, I stand corrected :D

don't know.. a tabernacle is a kind of vase or recipient used in churchs... that's where the cuss word comes from

Re: Poor Corrado VR6

imillman said:
Well we are going to take it to a stadium and drop a wrecking ball on it from 50 ft.

Ach du Schei?e!
(I just wanted to bring a new language in, it's a german swearing phrase.)
:wink:

BTT:
If I were you I wouldn't sell the Corrado!

cya
Oli

Just a little update...

The guy never called back, maybe he heard what I was saying when I told him to look for a 16V or a G60. Or maybe he found some other unfortunate VR6 to smash up. Anyhow, it looks like my Corrado's safe.

If any of you in the States see an advert where a european coupe is smashed up, let me know what they got.

I think it was for some kind of insurance company "American xxxxxxxx" or something.