Pop vs everything else - what do you call it?

Pop vs everything else - what do you call it?

• Total voters
Excellent Blind_Io. Fizzy drink, or Soft Drink but that can be squash too here, but I know in Wales they tend to call fizzy drinks pop.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised by these results, I thought soda would win for sure.

You forgot "pap" for the US forum members :p

WTF? Who calls it "pap"? lol

We call it "pop" over here. Nobody I know calls it "soda" or anything else. That's why we all look at people who call it "soda" funny.

Exactly. I live near Toronto so I've never really heard much else, except my BFF says "soda" and we always mock her out, but her mom is from Maine and says soda, so I guess that's where she got it...

This probably doesn't matter, since we don't speak english here :), but it's called virvoitusjuoma here, which translates roughly to refreshment drink. Usually it's just called limu, which is short from limonaadi or lemonade in english.

Who thinks I should add those to the list? Do foreign languages even count?

I live in an area they say 50-80% "pop" but I don't know anybody who says "pop", it just sounds goofy. If anybody comes over and asks for pop I will refuse until they use the right word. They didn't call them pop jerks.

soft drink in aus, coke is also used to refer to cola's in general also

I live in an area they say 50-80% "pop" but I don't know anybody who says "pop", it just sounds goofy. If anybody comes over and asks for pop I will refuse until they use the right word. They didn't call them pop jerks.

^ *gasp!* You horrible person! lol
I live in a 80-100% pop area. :D

I think only people from Boston would say it like that
It's probably my Canadian-ism, whenever any American who says "pop", it sounds like "pap" to me.

I use either pop or soda. Soda sounds a bit more refined so I generally just call it pop when speaking and soda when writing.

here, pop and soda are two different things.

^ Maybe club soda or a sugary drink? I know that my mom was telling me before how when she used to work as a waitress (like 30 years ago) some girls came in and asked for "soda" so she gave them club soda when they had really meant coke or something.

I live in one of the dark red spots in Tennessee. It's coke people, it all started in Atlanta, GA with Coca-Cola, or Coke for short.

As for the "idiots in the South" comment. It was made here, it's named here.

I think only people from Boston would say it like that :D

actually it's usually either soda or tonic hear so we wouldn't :p
sohdah and tahnik that is

I live in one of the dark red spots in Tennessee. It's coke people, it all started in Atlanta, GA with Coca-Cola, or Coke for short.

As for the "idiots in the South" comment. It was made here, it's named here.

:wave:

2 Jr. bacon cheeseburgers and a medium BEER

What kind?

Sprite please

That's why you need to eat better food. Hell,Rubios is fast food and not much more than a burger bar, they serve beer.... well, Corona.