Porsche 911 GT3 Cup S

FDaihatsu

Car(s)
Polol 1.8GTI
At Porsche they were very happy to tell the world that "a new member has joined the 911 family". The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup S is based off the road-legal GT3 RS, but in contradiction to the last one, which obviously is designated to drive the children to school, the new sister is only permitted to track days. The GT3 Cup RS is equipped with the 3.6 Boxer engine that produces 440HP at 8,000 RPM. After a large-scale weight loss program the weight stands on 1,170kg. The GT3 Cup RS will be offered to customers from April, with prices start from 250,000 Euro before taxes.
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/10/GT3CupS21024.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/10/GT3CupS11024.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/10/GT3CupS31024.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/02/10/GT3CupS1024.jpg

That wing is insane. :lol:

Quite cool, I guess its a cheaper option to a Cup Car or an RSR if you wanted to do something like Britcar

Whenever Porsche announces a new track car, I always think "Can it be more radical than this?" So far they never cease to amaze me!

Damn, that thing is insane, like the equivalent GT3 to the Aston that May used in TG 10x01.

Wonder if Hamster will use it next time around :lol:

and holy crap that wing is ridiculous :lmao:

How many "hardcore track specials" do they need? Shouldn't the GT3 or GT3-RS have been this?

If you have half a dozen "hardcore track specials" in your line-up, obviously all but one of them is a compromise, and so not hardcore or special at all.

How many "hardcore track specials" do they need? Shouldn't the GT3 or GT3-RS have been this?

If you have half a dozen "hardcore track specials" in your line-up, obviously all but one of them is a compromise, and so not hardcore or special at all.

I suppose this is the "ultimate" version, as it is track only, so no compromise needed to be made for the road.

I'm suprized of the amount of people on a car forum who doesn't understand that this is a racing car, made to do races and is therefore stripped off everything but the bare necessities. A GT3 and an RS isn't, because they are a road cars.

As far as their racing cars goes it's: GT3 Cup (supercup car), GT3 Cup S (this one), GT3 RSR (Full FIA GT2 spec) and the RS Spyder (LMP2). Finally they still supply parts for the old 962

They could have made some effort
I honestly don't see what the problem it with it's looks either... It's basically just like any other racing car...

It's basically a GT3 RS that has been put on a diet, fitted with a comprehensive full roll cage, flared arches to fit the fatter tires, lightweight panels and light clusters, fine honed aerodynamics and mesh in the front intakes. The latter is to stop pieces of rubber that gets worn off other cars tires to clutter up the radiators. (have a look at the front of any endurance racecar after a long distance race an you see what I mean...)

Then there is the wing, which is this tall beacuse it has to. In order to be the most effective it needs to run in clean air. Lower down there is turbulence, which reduces the wing's efficiency.

I'm suprized of the amount of people on a car forum who doesn't understand that this is a racing car, made to do races and is therefore stripped off everything but the bare necessities. A GT3 and an RS isn't, because they are a road cars.

As far as their racing cars goes it's: GT3 Cup (supercup car), GT3 Cup S (this one), GT3 RSR (Full FIA GT2 spec) and the RS Spyder (LMP2). Finally they still supply parts for the old 962
Yeah, me either.

:hammer:

oh my lordy lord lord. That is the stuff that sweet dreams are made of. Although is there now too many 911's???

C2
C2S
C4
C4S
GT3
GT3RS
Cup
CupS
Turbo
GT2
Targa
Convertible

I am a Porsche nut but crikey!!!

I found the headlights to be a little weird... Is there a specific reason for them to be like that?
Look like cheap single-beam lights to me, probably to save a bit of weight... no need for indicators, high beams and park lights on the track.