Porsche 911 Turbo - Spyshots of 2009 facelift

maateuszz89

Car(s)
2009 Mazda CX-7, 2006 Alfa Romeo 147
Yeah, I know what you guys are going to say, but it looks beautiful. There is no need to change anything in this car. And it has new lights at the rear!

The facelifted model is expected to get an extra 20hp (15kW) to give it an edge over the new Nissan GT-R and return its supremacy at the Nurburgring. The bump in power is courtesy of a new direct-injection system, which is also expected to improve fuel economy.

Visually, the car is being enhanced with larger front air intakes and new fog-lights in the front bumper, giving a more aggressive look. At the rear are a new set of LED taillights and a new diffuser similar to that on the new GT3.

porsche-911-turbo-facelift-1.jpg

porsche-911-turbo-facelift-3.jpg

porsche-911-turbo-facelift-2.jpg

The only real difference outside would have to be the Blacked out wheels, which look great.. ( and Ill bet theyre only blacked out for camo reasons)

Im not complaining, 911's are great cars and I like them even more now that they're recently returned to rounded headlights. that and theyre directly trying to one up the GTR. which is always good

What Porsche have been doin for the past 5-10 years, is Formula 1 style car update. No major changes, a little bigger engines, a lil more power, mediocre aero changes, updated equipment & safety, new electronics, etc.

Although i didn't really like their styling, i think it's ok. It's like the year 2000+ BMW styling, it was ugly, but ofc ppl bought the cars because of the badge anyway & ppl kinda made peace. And whatever improvements BMW introduces from now, ppl will love it.

The only real difference outside would have to be the Blacked out wheels, which look great.. ( and Ill bet theyre only blacked out for camo reasons)
look at the tail lights....
It looks near-identical to the new GT2.
the only resemblance it has to the GT2 is the front lip. the rest is typical Turbo.

And the exhausts and rear bumper are different too, pretty much everything else isn't.

And the exhausts and rear bumper are different too, pretty much everything else isn't.

no, the exhaust and rear bumper are the same.

911turbo07_19.jpg

i also just noticed that the front lip is on the current Turbo.

^^^ The bumpers look the same but them exhausts are different

They simply ruined the look of the 911 with those hideous tail lights (the current 911 only looks good at the rear).

:drool:

And I kinda like the new taillights!

I think the current version looks fine.
But I doubt an extra 20hp will give it an edge over the GTR.

the current 911 Turbo is putting out 480hp. giving it 20hp extra will put it at 500. the 911 Turbo weighs in at 3,495lbs (1585kg) while the GT-R weighs in at over 3800lbs.

no, the exhaust and rear bumper are the same.

911turbo07_19.jpg

i also just noticed that the front lip is on the current Turbo.

You see that both your images show a turbo and not a GT2 as mentioned above right?

Wow, that looks.....um, like a 911.....Turbo........

.....WHAT A FACELIFT! [/sarcasm]

Wow, that looks.....um, like a 911.....Turbo........

.....WHAT A FACELIFT! [/sarcasm]

:stupid:

The only "major" change I can see are the removal of these:

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/17/911turbo0719.jpg

...things, thank god for that! :p