• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Porsche Cayman

944_hammond

any thoughts from anyone on the new cayman its a beauty in its own class

It's a really nice looking little thing, but Clarkson summed it up perfectly in his review. Porsche won't fit an LSD, therefore it's not as good as it should be. It's been undercooked. For me, roll on the MZ4 coupe.

clarkson portrays many cars to different and make them seem better in his opinion than some really are. but no one really knows how but the stig because he test drives the shit out of every car thats brought in that place. oh yes the mz4 i can feel my heart throbbing in my chest :thumbsup:

its not a bad car, i would rather have this than the boxster because i dont like convertibles but thats about the only reason. and there is the cool looking Z4M coupe coming out later.

I'd rather sell a kidney and buy a proper Porsche--the Carrera.

Until Jeremy pointed it out, I had no idea the car was a marketing tool. Having no LSD on a sports car is just ludicrous. I have no LSD on my car and it drives me crazy every day.

Like Jeremy said, I'd like to have a car where I know it was engineered to be the best it can be. I don't want something that is half-assed and forcefully made slow so that it can be better marketed. :yucky:

The car isnt really a marketing tool... but it does have to fill a gap. The 911 will always be the flagship mass produced car. Anything faster and better than a 911 will be limited production cars as engineering exercises - read 959 and Carrera GT.

So yes, it has to be slower. Would you spend the extra money on a Lambo Merc if the Gallardo was cheaper and faster? Porsche is making sports cars only, all are good all round cars. Ferrari can get away with this price and speed difference since each of their three cars have different focus'. Pure Sports car, 4 seater GT and 2 seater Grand Tourer.

Yes, it sucks that the Cayman isnt as 'good' as it could be, but theres always the aftermarket for that.... But if Porsche did put the lsd in, they would canabalize sales from the 911.

Personally I think it looks quite ugly...

^ clarkson is ugly.. the cayman is cooooooooooool!!

Personally I think it looks quite ugly...

Whatever, I should see one in person.
I thought New Boxster was ugly, too, but after seeing it in person, I changed my mind.

To me, the Cayman is like a retrofied VW Beetle. It's got an ugly frog hump.

I've read it's a great performer, lighter and quicker than 911 Carrera, and also cheaper. (Not Carrera S)

It's not cheaper than a Carrera S???

I meant only Carrera, not Carrera S.

That means, Carrera S is a better performer and quicker than both Cayman and Carrera, and aslo more expensive.

flyingfridge said:
It's a really nice looking little thing, but Clarkson summed it up perfectly in his review. Porsche won't fit an LSD, therefore it's not as good as it should be. It's been undercooked. For me, roll on the MZ4 coupe.

I'm not sold on the looks - but agree 100% with the rest

If they made something like Cayman CS (like 968CS in old days or GT3 today) that would be my dream-car :) I doubt though, as it will go in 911 teritory.

But still, it's not much more expensive than a Boxster (but a lot less than 911), so as a Boxster coupe-replacement I think it's very much worth considering.

once ruf gets ahold of the cayman, you no longer can afford it :(