Porsche GT3 rollover at N?rburgring

Ouch...

Think it's a write-off? Or is it fixable?

Looks like the driver forgot to turn the wheel back after the counter steer, he left the lock on for too long, and looks like he forgot to put the power down to try to get the car out of the slide.

And the insurance company will probably declare it as a write off.

Must be some brown pants moment...

Last edited:
And I thought my accident last week was bad enough...

There's a good chance it'll actually buff out.
Yeah, it didn't look like that hard of a crash. He was going pretty slow and just got dug into the gravel.

I wouldn't think there'd be much chassis damage, if any.

Guys, did you forget that the engine in the 911 is in the back? :) It's kinda hard to see but I think he hit the wall slightly. I agree that it is fixable. If he could afford a GT3 in the first place, I'm sure he'll have the money to fix it.

I don't think he expected the oversteer in that corner and I don't think he is a bad driver - he tried to fix his mistake, it's just that this car is trickier to drive than front engined vehicles.

Guys, did you forget that the engine in the 911 is in the back? :) It's kinda hard to see but I think he hit the wall slightly. I agree that it is fixable. If he could afford a GT3 in the first place, I'm sure he'll have the money to fix it.

I don't think he expected the oversteer in that corner and I don't think he is a bad driver - he tried to fix his mistake, it's just that this car is trickier to drive than front engined vehicles.

not a bad driver.... he definetely counter steered (0:06 to 0:07)... But he never turn the wheel back and put the power down. Guess it caught him out too quick, when Porsches goes off, they go off pretty damn fast, you need quick reactions to get it back on the road. And yeah... the rear end of the car hit the wall first.

And insurance company tends to write off a car as much as they can, as parts are ridiculously expensive to replace. If the damaged area will cost too much to be replaced (not repair) then they will write a cheque out to the owner with the depreciated amount.

Last edited:
He should have visited this forum before he went, with all the magic internet advice I am sure it wouldn't have happened.

LOL! :D

Pfff thats easy to fix.

It'll probably be cheaper and safer to get a new one than fixing a chassis and frame compromised car.

But you are right. Looks like he over-corrected coming out of that powerslide, although he had it under control for almost the whole time. And as a rear-heavy car.....if you don't get it just right at the limit....it will bite your head off.

Well, accidents do happen, but I find it alarming that the following cars (except for one) don't stop and help.

Well, accidents do happen, but I find it alarming that the following cars (except for one) don't stop and help.

Umm.....I reckon you would make the scene even more dangerous if you tried to stop in the middle of that fast corner....look at how fast the cars were going through that area. I'm sure the 'Ring has a very competent safety crew and while I believe being a good samaritan is greast most of the time, in situations like these I'm afraid they will make the scene even more dangerous.

Think it's a write-off? Or is it fixable?

I think in the States if the insurance company finds out you wrecked your car in amateur racing, unless stated in the policy, they won't cover any accident.

But I'm sure there are insurances to cover it.