• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Porsche needs to stop it.

zeoniks

Car(s)
2007 Nissan Murano
Please! Change the styling of your car! I'm begging you!

Seriously, though. This is the major reason why I absolutely hate their cars. They all look exactly same, inside and out. I'm trying to like ther cars, I really do, but they are making it very difficult with such boring-looking cars.

I disagree, I think their cars are works of art. I mean how can you not like this:

http://img389.imageshack.**/img389/1817/gt37po.jpg

:?

^ thats only the GT3?? i can only imagine what the GT2 will look like :evil:

If you change their shape, it's not a Porsche anymore.

Renesis said:
GT3 always looked hotter than the GT2
i disagree, the GT2 looks so much more agressive IMO.

^Agreed, and it's more expensive.

I think 993 GT2 is the most badass :thumbsup: . There wasn't any 993 GT3, though.

And by the way, I think Porsche chose a good path for designing their cars, unlike Ferrari during the last years.

Re: Porsche needs to stop it.

zeoniks said:

Seriously, though. This is the major reason why I absolutely hate their cars. They all look exactly same, inside and out. I'm trying to like ther cars, I really do, but they are making it very difficult with such boring-looking cars.
When something's been built for 40 years, it is invincible. You can't expect Porsche to pull a BMW Bangle revolution and introduce the next 911 with flame surfacing and creases and obscene fender flares and chrome grilles and a front-engine W8 or something. The Cayman is the most they'll deviate from the 911 lineage. Porsche is one of the great automotive constants, up there with the Jeep Wrangler and Ford Mustang. Take it or leave it, as it is with all such constants.

On the other hand, may I interest you in a Corvette?
;)

BlaRo said:
zeoniks said:

When something's been built for 40 years, it is invincible. You can't expect Porsche to pull a BMW Bangle revolution and introduce the next 911 with flame surfacing and creases and obscene fender flares and chrome grilles and a front-engine W8 or something. The Cayman is the most they'll deviate from the 911 lineage. Porsche is one of the great automotive constants, up there with the Jeep Wrangler and Ford Mustang. Take it or leave it, as it is with all such constants.

On the other hand, may I interest you in a Corvette?
;)

I actually like Corvettes :)

when ur following one formula for over the past 40 years, which works why change it? all u can do is add little stuff over the years to get a better car the year after. their design is more than what u see... its like their heritage, their logo, its that thing which sets it apart from rest of the car makers. if u change the design, ur changin the "essence" (thats not the word im lookin for buh it'll do i guess) of the whole company.

well, that's german engineers for you : they're not artists, so they won't bother with the styling because it's not their interest and if the people like it this way they just change it a bit each year probably to improve the aerodinamics .... So they won't bother with the styling, they'll just stick to making these cars exponentially faster, one thing they're very good at :twisted:

Porsches have been around for donkey years. The reason why their style doesnt change much is because they are perfecting it.

Since the new Boxter/Carrera (oval lamps), i'v been a Porsche fan. I think they look great!

Honestly, can you guys imagine a Porsche looking anything else than it does right now?
How can you redesign something that is an icon not only to the brand but to the world of automobiles?

Porsche designers played it safe on purpose to preserve their iconic silhoulette and not offend hardcore fans.

Never change a winning team.

And I think they'll loose their client?le if they'd change the styling.

And it's only a compliment they didn't have to change their styling for 40 years. Look at a Fender Stratocaster or a Gibson les Paul guitar. Not a tiny change in 50 years. Some designs are just perfect the way they are.

I agree on Porsche not changing the style drastically, at least on the 911. They are experimenting with other styles segments with other models like the Cayenne and the upcoming Panamera. But the 911 is fine the way it is now, why change it.

Z Draci said:
Honestly, can you guys imagine a Porsche looking anything else than it does right now?

Yes. It's called a 944, or a 928, etc.

You can't change the 911 much, but the problem is that at the moment ALL their cars look like the 911. Even the Cayenne is not much more than a bloated 911. And the Cayman, well... That's just pathetic. They need to go back to making different cars alongside the 911, and I really do mean different.

zeoniks, there's always people who like a design and people who doesn't. Any design. Porsche can sacrifice you as a potential customer to keep millions loyal customers who love it for what it is. Sorry :)

zeoniks said:

they look similar because Porsche is more interested in evolving performance in the wind tunnel than tuning in to the flavor of the day for consumers.

40+ years the 911 has been evolving, and i for one am happy to see porsche try to perfect a car vs. simply changing styles to attract consumers.

if you buy a car for looks, buy a ferrari, if you buy it for engineering, buy a porsche.

SPG900 said:
Z Draci said:

Yes. It's called a 944, or a 928, etc.

You can't change the 911 much, but the problem is that at the moment ALL their cars look like the 911. Even the Cayenne is not much more than a bloated 911. And the Cayman, well... That's just pathetic. They need to go back to making different cars alongside the 911, and I really do mean different.

the cayman is so much more a speedster/906 "knock-off" than anything ot do with the 911. fact is, Porsche wont through on unnecessary body work just to look pretty *cough* italians *cough* and mif engined cars, while excellent handlers, have specific needs in terms of getting air to the engine and creating proper downforce.

i think the cayman is a hot car (you NEED to see it in person) and cannot wait to see it in action on the track. it;ll be awesome.

porsche just designed this too:

PCNAtoday.jpg

They never made a bad-looking 911. They started to change too much with the 996, so when it was time to do the 997 they went backwards a bit.

If you line up a 993, 996, and 997, I'd bet people who don't know would say that the 996 is the newest one.

I think it's great that instead of using "signature brand attributes" like kidney grilles or a three-pointed star, and then changing the whole rest of the car, they're actually keeping them the same. I hope they do another 40 years.

The Cayenne should be destroyed though. :yucky: