Porsche to build Freelander rival?

teeb

Car(s)
old Saab 9-3 coup?
Sorry about the line in the middle, it was a 2 page image I scanned. Also, note this is a computer-generated image, based around a clay model and prototype that exists in Porsche HQ.

http://img459.imageshack.**/img459/2899/porschefreelander4hq.jpg

Taken from Autocar UK magazine :

This computer-generated image may look like a flight of fancy, but Autocar can exclusively reveal that Porsche has recently built a full-size clay model of this three-door off road coup?.
Following a leak from within the company's Weissach styling studio, we have had confirmation from two senior Porsche sources that this all-new model exists as a prototype.
However, our contacts remain tight-lipped about the most important part of the concept. Having been shown a sketch of the car by Autocar, the source asked "But where is the engine? It could be in one of three places..." Unsurprisingly, he was unwilling to divulge more about what could be the most radical Porsche ever considered by company bosses.
Rumours have been circulating for some time about the possibility of Porsche building a smaller 4x4.

A compact 4x4 kicking off at about ?33,000 would allow the next-gen Cayenne 4x4 to move sharply upmarket. Porsche would likely dispense with today's entry-level V6 model, instead starting the range at a probable ?44,000.
However, there's another interpretation of this concept's roots. Unlikely as it may seem, there's a strong possibility this concept could be part of a future 911 family. The distinctive air intake ahead of the rear wheels on the clay model may be a hint that this car will be based around Porsche's iconic flat-six engine.
It's not a completely wild idea : the 911 platform already has a highly respected 4 wheel drive option and raised-suspension cross-country 911s are part of Porsche's motorsport heritage.
The Carrera 4 platform with a taller body could sire a 2+2 offroad coup?, a format that has long fascinated car designers. It's also likely the concept would have a hatchback, allowing luggage to be stored on top of the rear-mounted drivetrain.
Porsche is known to be looking to re-enter the Paris-Dakar rallu, so a 4x4 coup? could easily make the daring leap from styling studio to showroom.

I've just lost all faith in humanity.

No, just no.

ICK!

I don't mind it, and if Porsche really wants to do off roaders, this is what they should be doing. Sports off roaders. I like it.

The pics just a photoshop and mean nothing.

But a big fat "NO!" to Porsche penetrating this market. Its just not made for the Porsche badge...but I'm over it all ready. All car manufactures are expanding now.

Carsightings said:
its a scan from the british magazine "autocar" thats a reliable mag. I dont think its a chop.

Oh..

teeb said:
http://img459.imageshack.**/img459/2899/porschefreelander4hq.jpg

Taken from Autocar UK magazine :

This computer-generated image may look like a flight of fancy, but Autocar can exclusively reveal that Porsche has recently built a full-size clay model of this three-door off road coup?.
btw: Why do they call it a coupe :?

Carsightings said:
is it really that bad?

it kind of reminds me of that spyker 4x4.

Yes it is that bad. After the Cayenne this is just rubbing salt into the wound.