Porsche to build Freelander rival?

clown_car.JPG

I must say that I rather like the concept of this car and really have no idea what you guys are on about when you say its ugly. This is my one major differing point with the Top Gear guys and people in general it seems. I'm not saying the Cayenne looks great, but there are far worse things you could buy looks wise, starting with the Subaru Tribeca.

I dig this concept alot, and think that it looks very cool. Its kinda like a Cayman with some clearance. I like the look, and having a porsche that can do some offroading would be way cool. You know it will still handle and go reasonably well, as they managed to make a big ass SUV handle like a midsized sports sedan. About the only thing I would change is probably making it with 4 side doors rather then 2. If they are gonna make this, they are gonna have to make it somewhat practical, and more doors would help with that. Otherwise, I'll be interested to see where this concept goes.

JH

Electric-Mayhem said:
You know it will still handle and go like reasonably well, as they managed to make a big ass SUV handle like a midsized sports sedan.
Well, why on earth would anyone buy a SUV that handles like a midsized sports sedan? Buy a midsized sports sedan like the Audi RS6 then. Cars like this are made for stupid fat americans who think bigger is better, and of course people who want to be like the stupid fat americans will also buy cars like these. You will probably have just as much luggage space and rear leg- and headroom in a RS6 as in a Cayenne. My point in saying this is really. I hate most SUVs (there are a few exceptions)...

that's just.. i'd rather drive an old Lada than that thing.. :yucky:

This is just as silly as the Porsche-van-twaddle. As long as Porsche hasn't officially confirmed anything, I look upon this as the purest BULLSHIT...

since he's just a little kid, i don't care what he sais :D

You'd think the VW Group has enough brands that they could figure out a way to develop and market all sorts of wacky ideas without dipping into and muddying the Porsche brand. Marketing 101, guys...sheesh.

PeteJayhawk said:
You'd think the VW Group has enough brands that they could figure out a way to develop and market all sorts of wacky ideas without dipping into and muddying the Porsche brand. Marketing 101, guys...sheesh.
they are excellent at marketing. which is gonna sell more? an expensive SEAT or Skoda? or a cheap Porsche?

PeteJayhawk said:

I think you are confusing something...

Porsche doesn't really have anything to do with VW. They just own some VW shares and several parts of the Touareg and Cayenne are the same.