• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Porsche to buy 20% of VW Shares to prevent Takeover!

Ianspeed

Car(s)
2008 Mazda Rx-8 Sport
It's not a bad thing at all for VW. It makes them more stable. It's meant to block a possible takeover (maybe by an American company?) if some German law changes.

More interesting news:
- Audi, VW, and Porsche are working together on electric cars

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
It's not a bad thing at all for VW. It makes them more stable. It's meant to block a possible takeover (maybe by an American company?) if some German law changes.

More interesting news:

I think it's good, too. But I guess he was talking about all the money Porsche must have to do that...

BTW, wasn't your signature a work in progress?

bihus said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

More interesting news:

I think it's good, too. But I guess he was talking about all the money Porsche must have to do that...

Yeah you could do better UKD. Needs something more, maybe a dash of cowbell?

Kip_6666 said:
bihus said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:

More interesting news:

Yeah you could do better UKD. Needs something more, maybe a dash of cowbell?

I gotta have more cowbell baby! :lol:

Should that read 'Cayenne takes 20% holding in VW'? :p

Seriously though - I think this is good news - shows Porsche are nice and strong, and helps to ensure VW doesn't become fodder for GM or Ford.

Ah, Porsche...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways! :p

Definitely interesting news!

11th consecutive profitable year!?! What other car company can say that these days?

^Toyota and Honda :p .

Well I sure hope VW doesn't drag Porsche down financially. Whether VW's march upmarket is profitable remains to be seen.

Porsche says to raise Volkswagen stake soon
Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:19 PM BST171

STUTTGART, Germany (Reuters) - Porsche, the largest shareholder in Volkswagen, will soon exercise a call option to raise its voting stake in Europe's largest carmaker to just over 25 percent, Porsche said on Monday.

The holding in VW would then hand the sports car maker a blocking minority and likely prevent any hostile takeover bid should Germany's Volkswagen Law -- which limits any shareholder to exercising 20 percent of the voting rights -- be repealed as expected.

"We want to increase our stake in the near future," a spokesman for Porsche said, without providing further details.

Volkswagen is a close partner for Porsche, with the two collaborating on the Cayenne offroader, the Panamera four-door model in development, and a hybrid powertrain.

On Sunday, German weekly Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung cited banking sources as saying Porsche Chief Executive Wendelin Wiedeking wanted to raise the stake to 25.1 percent from a current holding of around 21.3 percent by mid-October at the latest.

German cartel regulators at the beginning of July already approved Porsche increasing its holding in VW, and Porsche had said previously it should control 25.1 percent by the end of the year.

Porsche said the stake would cost it 3.5 billion euros (2.4 billion pounds) in total.

Source

fbc said:
Should that read 'Cayenne takes 20% holding in VW'? :p

Seriously though - I think this is good news - shows Porsche are nice and strong, and helps to ensure VW doesn't become fodder for GM or Ford.

lol GM and ford cant buy VAG :lol: Theyre too far in debt, if anything we would see porsche joining the VAG group and climbing automotive power ladder even further to challenge ford.

From what I gather.. DCX wants VW.. or a stake in VW.

The new chrysler sebring and dodge avenger will be using TDI diesels in europe, as well as VW and DCX are going to collaborate on a minivan project..

WheatKing said:
From what I gather.. DCX wants VW.. or a stake in VW.

The new chrysler sebring and dodge avenger will be using TDI diesels in europe, as well as VW and DCX are going to collaborate on a minivan project..

boy that sounds dreadful.

fbc said:

GM and Ford are in absolutely no position to go on a shopping spree.

Jesus what's with people responding to a post I made A YEAR AGO?? Does anyone read post dates anymore?

FWIW - I was referring more to a long-term position when (if??) Ford and GM get themselves out of their current situation.