• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Porsche to hand out big bonuses

pdanev

Forum Addict
Porsche to hand out big bonuses
Posted Oct 8, 2005, 3:00 PM ET by Lu Zhou

There?s no question Porsche had a great year. How great? Well, just ask any of its 11,700 employees how they feel about their $3,900 bonuses. That?s right. Porsche will be distributing a total of $45 million in bonuses this year thanks to a banner year where in which it sold 40,000 Cayennes, 24,000 911s and 13,000 Boxters. And with its product lineup expanding, it sure is a good time to be working at Porsche.
Damn, why don't I work in the Porsche factory... :cry:

$3,900 isn't that big of a bonus...

not that I wouldn't be happy with it... but you know what I mean

:eek:

I'd take the bonus and run dude.

mattshaw said:
Renesis said:

$3,900 isnt that big? okkkkk Mr. money bags
I know aye...$3,900 is sweet :drool:
It has been a good year for Porsche. For some reason the Cayenne is selling well and obviously they have revitalised the brand with the "new" Boxter and 911 so im not surprised sales>profits are up.

Renesis said:

it adds up pretty quickly though

40,000 Cayennes, 24,000 911s and 13,000 Boxters

40,000 Cayennes

thats alot of lame ass people. since we all know that about 12 of thse will actually be driven properly in the right environment.

AutoMX said:
40,000 Cayennes, 24,000 911s and 13,000 Boxters

40,000 Cayennes

thats alot of lame ass people. since we all know that about 12 of thse will actually be driven properly in the right environment.

what exactly is the right enviroment? the track or the woods? i think its porsche that should make up their minds

either is fine, just not what i see here (mother in front of school waiting for her kid, blocking the entire street cuz she parked on the road and the H2's are not able to drive by). need i say more?

Renesis said:

Considering that every single factory worker or cleaner gets this bonus it is an enormous amount at least for them - thinking of the management I have to agree that they might consider it as peanuts, but I wouldn't mind $3,900 peanuts as well :D

The Bonus is ?3200 per worker in the factories in Stuttgard-Zuffenhausen and Ludwigsburg, and for workers at the research center in Weissach. The bonus for the workers in the Cayenne factory in Leipzig hasnt been negociated yet. Last year the people in Leizig got ?2200 whereas the others got about ?3000.
These sums are a lot considering that they are paid to everyone.

This got actually published Wednesday I think, so it's not that new ;)

mattshaw said:
Renesis said:

Well for me it would be, as I only have a student's job.. but I mean my father often gets 4-5k bonuses, and I remember he once had a $40k bonus, that was nice!

But I'm sure he isn't a regular production-line employee :p

Renesis said:
mattshaw said:
Renesis said:

Well for me it would be, as I only have a student's job.. but I mean my father often gets 4-5k bonuses, and I remember he once had a $40k bonus, that was nice!
That's not really unheard of. Investment bankers that have high enough positions that have been working for a long time at the company can get a bigger bonus than their actual salary. :shock:

Not bad for a company that sold their soul to the devil. ;)

bartboy9891 said:
That's not really unheard of. Investment bankers that have high enough positions that have been working for a long time at the company can get a bigger bonus than their actual salary. :shock:
Bakers in high enough positions live on bonuses and premium's much more than they do on their symbolic saleries :)

pdanev said:
bartboy9891 said:
Bakers in high enough positions live on bonuses and premium's much more than they do on their symbolic saleries :)
its insane! Some investment bankers are able to make a few times their salary, you'd think that they would simply raise their salary :p