Porsche=VW soon

matyas

Car(s)
1981 Mercedes 280SE
It seems Porsche has finally done it...even though this doesn't mean they can make changes easily, because of German law. However I do think this is quite an achievement. Congrats Porsche!

Most valuable company

Porsche now holds 50.76% of the voting shares in VW, up from 42%.

It had hoped to raise its stake above 50% last year, but delayed it because of a dramatic rise in the share price.

VW shares rose from 210 euros to more than 1,000 euros per share in two trading sessions in October, which briefly made VW the most valuable company in the world.

The price spike was caused by hedge funds desperately needing to buy shares after it emerged that Porsche controlled much more shares in VW than had been thought.

The takeover will see Porsche, a family-owned manufacturer of about 100,000 luxury cars a year, own the world's third-largest carmaker, which makes five million vehicles a year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7813073.stm

Last edited:
inb4 because they don't have a design team

Well, I am really wondering what will happen........I hope Porsche makes VW ditch stupid niche cars like the Caddy Life (they have the Touran ffs!), the Crossgolf (higher Golf Plus without AWD), the Phaeton etc......

I've heard somewhere that Porsche make a profit of anything from 10 to 20k ? on a single car they sell, making it one of the most profitable car brands in the world.

I just worry for VW cars for the future. Soon all their cars will look Porsche-like.

Good. They will make vws suck less.

Well, not really. I kind of like the looks on some VWs. The GTi, the Passat, etc

Maybe they'll just take the Touareg and re-badge it as the facelifted current gen Cayenne.

Not a bad thing, saves on design and making it look better along the way.

is this news? Wasn't this announced ages ago? :?

anyway, it's weird that the "little brother" of the VW club ended up buying the whole damn thing...

The two companies have been tied at the hip for ages. The same families run both companies. I don't see any major changes as a result of this.

Spyshot...........new Golf for 2014
2008_vw_golf_gti_pirelli_images_1.jpg

Oh wrong thread.
Seriously though is the "caddy lite" sold in the UK market don't ring any bells, the golf plus I fail to see any reason for might just explain why I have only seen a handful on the road.

Just to bring into perspective and to the minds of people what Porsche's takeover of Volkswagen AG means, they now own:

- VW
- Audi
- Seat
- ?koda
- Bentley
- Lamborghini
- Bugatti
- Scania

They also tend to profit from selling cars.

He was adding the fact that, not only do they make a profit on every car they sell, but that it is also a large amount. So, unless you were talking about maybe how their SUV's trucks are not profitable compared to the cars, then...well...douche.

Good. They will make vws suck less.

WHAAAAAAAAT?!

I'm sorry, but you can't buy a car for the price of a Golf and have build quality that could support a large guy hanging on the open door (they demonstrated this at a dealer). If I tried that with my Honda, even as thin as I am, I'd bend something. VWs are built like tanks. They also drive great. The Rabbit is probably the best value for money you can possibly get. And the new CC is fantastic (even though I haven't driven one yet).

OK let me show you what I mean by "VW AG has the same car multiple times"

These car all aim more or less at the same customers:

The Touran!
touran_front.jpg

And of course, the CROSS TOURAN!
vw-cross-touran-01.jpg

The Caddy Life
0,1020,941521,00.jpg

The Skoda Roomster
20SkodaRoomster_m_m.jpg

The Skoda Roomster Scout
900scouthome.jpg