Forum Addict
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
And they unleashed a prototype onto the Californian roads:

image-433613-galleryV9-qmqi.jpg

image-433618-galleryV9-wzxe.jpg

image-433605-galleryV9-hxri.jpg

image-433634-galleryV9-trur.jpg

I think this is how the Panamera should have looked from the start.

I have to agree. It looks purposeful and a touch aggressive and the rear end now looks more shooting brake and less J-Lo.

That's a MASSIVE improvement. Do it now Porsche, save our eyes!

Last edited:
Not sure what changed in the Porsche design offices in the last few years, but I approve. First the best looking 911 in a long time (if not ever), then a slick looking Cayman, and now this new Panamera all look really good. I'm sure the haters will continue to call it ugly, but its much improved. I think the first Gen ones were better looking in person then in pictures, but this one seems to have taken it to the next level.

Not sure what changed in the Porsche design offices in the last few years, but I approve. First the best looking 911 in a long time (if not ever), then a slick looking Cayman, and now this new Panamera all look really good. I'm sure the haters will continue to call it ugly, but its much improved. I think the first Gen ones were better looking in person then in pictures, but this one seems to have taken it to the next level.

I agree.

I used to look and Porsches and go "meh", but lately I must say the entire line-up is looking really good.
The Panamera was nice to begin with, but this added aggressiveness suits it well.

A vast improvement over the old Panamera, i like this.

Not sure what changed in the Porsche design offices in the last few years, but I approve. First the best looking 911 in a long time (if not ever),

No.

then a slick looking Cayman,

No.

and now this new Panamera all look really good.

No.

This Panamera looks better. But a festering wound looks better than the old one.

This looks hideous, a stupid station wagon with LED concept car lights. I can't believe I'm saying it, but the old one looked better. At least there was a touch of C6 Corvette from the front for that one.

and can we please stop with the Audi-aping trend of having headlight shapes that are not the same (and are bigger) than the LED strips? It looks ugly.

"Porsche wants to make the Panamera look more attractive" My first thought was good luck with that, like Sara Palin putting lipstick on her pig....or how ever it goes, then I saw the picture. I like it.

I just wish it would be made available in 2 door form. That would look great - a Porsche shooting brake, like a Volvo 1800ES.

However I doubt it would ever happen, as 2 door coup?s aren't big sellers.

This looks hideous, a stupid station wagon with LED concept car lights. I can't believe I'm saying it, but the old one looked better. At least there was a touch of C6 Corvette from the front for that one.

and can we please stop with the Audi-aping trend of having headlight shapes that are not the same (and are bigger) than the LED strips? It looks ugly.

That is because it is a prototype. I'm sure they will tone those down and add a couple of side mirrors when it hits the road. Hideous is a bit harsh. I think it looks really good!

Original Panamera = hate
This = <3

Seriously. I'd have this in a second if they built it, and if I could afford it.

Isn't it funny? When Porsche was being independent and confident enough to even consider buying VW, they made crappy-looking cars. Maybe success went a little to their heads? Especially former CEO Wendelin Wiedeking seemed to suffer from a lapse of taste - because it was him, who effectively decided, that the Panamera needed to be big enough for people like him in the back (he is 1,93 m tall, about 6'3") and therefore sent the drafts back to the design department, where they simply shrugged and treated the Panamera with a Quasimodo hunchback.

Now that they have cut down to size again, with Wiedeking no longer being of any importance, his delusions of grandure gone and being close to being swallowed by VAG instead, they suddenly make nice-looking cars.

Coincidence?

Last edited: