Portal 2 [Contains spoilers, you've been warned!]

Amnesia is a unique experience if you're into suspense thrillers. Defense Grid is a pretty good tower defense game. Killing floor is a great co-op zombie killer. No idea on the other games but I have no issues recommending those three.

And I wholeheartedly reccomend audiosurf

On its countdown site--its post-countdown countdown site--Valve revealed another countdown of sorts called "Glados@Home." Confirming the speculation, Valve says that when this clock hits zero, you'll be able to play Portal 2, possibly early. How early you can depends on the catch of Glados@Home: the web site is somehow computing how much time people are spending in the Potato Sack games. When the allotted time is spent in each game, Portal 2 will unlock. Right now, it's saying the game will unlock in about 90 hours, which is... Tuesday, the day the game hits anyway on the PC, Mac, Xbox 360, and PS3.

If you get real quiet right now you can probably hear a mix of sighs and groans from brick and mortar retailers, who are getting the carpet pulled out from under them a bit here. Assuming you guys fire up some indie games and actually get Portal 2 out early in the first place, that is.

Kind of obvious, but from Kotaku...

Developer Valve calls the PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 "the best console version of the game," for various reasons. For one, buying that version gets you a copy of the game for Steam too. But more important, to Valve at least, is that it brings the Steam platform to Sony's console.

Valve marketing man Doug Lombardi explains just how Steam integration, saving to the cloud and getting your free copy of the PC/Mac version works. Steam on the PlayStation 3 means "cross-platform matchmaking, gameplay, friends, chat, and achievements," Valve says, with PSN trophies and Steam achievements "earned in lockstep."

This may be the most important part of the deal, for anyone considering getting the PS3 version with the intention of playing it on PC/Mac.

Steam on the PS3 provides access to all of these features once the player has linked their PlayStation Network account with a Steam account, which is done right within the game. A Steam user can login to an existing account, and anyone new to Steam can create an account with the click of a button.

It's a weird decision. I'm guessing you can't log into and play both games simultaneously (just like you can't log into Steam twice on two PCs). So it just means you get to choose which system to play the game on, and it syncs your save.

The more I think about it, the more I come up with use cases. None of them are really important but it could come in handy. For example, I sometimes bring my PS3 somewhere and don't have my PC, plus the PS3 resides attached to the big screen TV while the PC has a smaller monitor. This can be reversed but it requires effort :p

Best Buy has the best price for Portal 2 I've seen yet. $35USD for PC/Mac and $45USD for consoles. I'll be getting the PC version there then. I'm just curious as to whether this is an Online preorder sale price or if i'll be able to pick it up in store next week for the same price.

Source

Best Buy has the best price for Portal 2 I've seen yet. $35USD for PC/Mac and $45USD for consoles. I'll be getting the PC version there then. I'm just curious as to whether this is an Online preorder sale price or if i'll be able to pick it up in store next week for the same price.

Source

Umm, ordered. I was just thinking how I would force myself to wait for a price drop. It happened before the damn game was released!

I've had mixed experiences with Best Buy and buying it on release day.

Doesn't bother me, as long as I get it in reasonable shipping time afterward. Or I might do in-store pickup since there are a few nearby :hmm: (technically I won't be able to order it until I get home)

Turns out the Best Buy price caused Amazon to do the same with the price. $35 for PC/Mac and $45 for consoles Amazon Source

No, amazon hasn't matched BB's console price - yet. Just PC. But I know many people are reporting it to Amazon, so they just may. Only time will tell.

According to zapto:

At the current rate the release is estimated in 2 days 9:08:34 hours, 0 days 17:42:23 hours ahead of schedule! 25.101%

Ok, so in Audiosurf it overrides your song selection, you get some GLADOS heckling and and replaces it with this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he4BiHl-Fqs[/youtube]

Well, the one that will be calculated first, according to the GlaDOS@Home page is 1.. 2.. 3.. KICK IT!

Well, the one that will be calculated first, according to the GlaDOS@Home page is 1.. 2.. 3.. KICK IT!

Yeah, but some people are now urging others not to play that game. It looks from the outside like a bunch of headless chickens. :lol: (For the record, I am not a member there)

Are the bar lengths based on how many people complete the games?

Last edited:
PS3 version ordered, I can pick it up at Best Buy on release day supposedly. I'll be primarily playing on PC but it will be nice to have the option of some co-op on the big screen :)