Portal

should i be shot for playing a PC FPS without using the keyboard and mouse controls?

I'm pretty sure the Combine will shoot at you no matter what you use, but maybe they'll go easier on you with a controller.

should i be shot for playing a PC FPS without using the keyboard and mouse controls?

Yes. Keyboard / mouse are by far the best and most accurate method of controlling your character. Shame on you! :(

You have your Xbox Live gamertag filled in, so I'm wondering: Why you didn't just get it for 360? It supports the controller natively, and most importantly it has all the necessary acceleration curves to make using the controller a simpler task.

That said, when you get into TF2, you will be hopeless on anything but Engineer or Medic since you won't be able to turn as quickly.

You have your Xbox Live gamertag filled in, so I'm wondering: Why you didn't just get it for 360? It supports the controller natively, and most importantly it has all the necessary acceleration curves to make using the controller a simpler task.

it was a tough decision but i decided to get the PC version for better graphics and better multiplayer on TF2. i'm only using the 360 controller because i'm not used to the keyboard and mouse (this is my first PC FPS) but eventually i will start to use the keyboard. i'm using a proflier too, so all the controls are the same as the 360 version.

Sorry for being such a disappointment Viper :(

In that case, I would recommend on Portal that you DO NOT use a controller. The more you play with mouse + keyboard, the quicker you'll get used to it. No point in prolonging the learning curve.

Your TF2 "skillz" will thank you.

Indeed.

completed Portal a few days ago using the keyboard and mouse :)

takes a long time to complete the last level and escape, but it's worth it for that song. it's brilliant! i loved portal but now i've finished there's not really much else to do. i can't really be bothered with the advanced levels.

Wow this game is fun with a gyro mouse.. its much more interesting when throwing portals around. (Think of a wii-mote, but full movement in all directions)

my school has a load of them. i've never tried one but they look pretty good :)

Only upside/downside is that you need to push a button so the gyro will work.. it doesn't self-align, so you always have to move it about.